quote of the whenever

“Home is behind, the world ahead” – Edge of night, LotR song

Friday, September 1, 2017

Steamworks

Hello
After my two very weirdly depressing posts, here's another happy one. I swear, I'm not bipolar or anything, I just...
So, being a pilot in First Steamworks this year was pretty much the best part of my high school experience. Not sure anything about Steamworks and actually care to learn? Here's your basic guide! Okay, now, for me being all gloaty and stuff :-)
The pilot gets to be in the airship, but only two out of the three alliance teams get to. It was amazing being up in the airship. Plus, I got to hangout with the drive team, a group of five other awesome people. They were a talented drive team too, and it was an honor to build robots with them. We're going to create a robotics team called the shop goblins when we're done with college, so I'll get to do that again.
We were the team captains in our first competition and won second place overall. At state we won our field. I mean, we weren't perfect, but not to shabby if I can say so myself ;-)
For now, he's one of the awesome jobs we did together as a drive team. First championship win in state. I'm the chick dressed ridiculous in the airship in the middle of the field. You can see my blue mechanic shirt that says BOB on it.
I don't know how exciting this is to watch, but it was exhilarating being part of the competition. Go blue alliance!

Pilot
Superchu
Raven DeWitt

Pyramid :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll I'm not gonna shove my opinion in your face without letting you fight back. I am human and prone to lots of error, so you should tell me!