quote of the whenever

“Home is behind, the world ahead” – Edge of night, LotR song

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

age of ultron review

Plot:
The avengers are taking care of hydra, and they come to their last stop in the first like, five minutes. Seriously, the movie starts at the start of the last hydra base. Anyways, they take care of it and retrieve Loki's scepter.  They're also the twins, but they don't come into play yet. Anyways, Tony discovers that the scepter is like, a living robot, so Tony fan girls being all like "omg, it's like, what could lead to the create of ultron!" (I'm paraphrasing, Kay?) and he decides to upload it to create Ultron. But that goes badly. Ultron attacks everyone, goes off to wherever to get vibranium to.... *INTO MOVIE BY LIKE OVER TEN TO TWENTY MINUTES NOW. ITS NOT REALLY A NAIL BITTING MYSTERY SO I DONT REALLY CONSIDER LIKE, SPOILERS BUT WHATEVER. SPOILER TERRITORY AHEAD* Ultron tries to create a body for himself out of vibranium, but well, the avengers take it back, Tony uploads Jarvis to the body's consciousness, but since Ultron had already been partially uploaded, the creation was something new; Vision. They battle Ultron who lifts a huge city up and the death toll would've been catastrophic but the avengers save the day. With the addition of quick silver and scarlet witch. I know, bad summary, but.... Today's been a really off day for me.

Thoughts:
I LOVED it, but I'll start with my few complaints. Leggo- so, first off, Thor was kinda absentee for the whole film, going to Asgard for every part of the movie that wasn't a huge, important action scene (and even sometimes then...) and it wasn't explained and no cameras followed him it was just like... "We have no need for him. Secretive subplot activate!" Also shoehorned in there was the black widow - hulk love story. It was like what? Um, despite the previous movies not setting up for this AT ALL, it was also kinda... Not a cute relationship that worked. It was more like... Clunky and awkward. Good things? Captain Americas first line was right after Ironman swore he said "Language" as in, telling him to watch his language, and OH MY GAMI KAI THIS IS WHY I LOVE HIM!!! Also, I loved the little rivalry/snarky comments between Quick Silver and Hawkeye, and I loved it so much! I liked how they kinda hinted at the vision and scarlet witch. Other than that... Awesome action, worse story in the downtime. 

Rating: 5/5, but I'm still not sure it's gonna be added to my list of favorite movies.

Critic
Super-chu
Raven DeWitt

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll I'm not gonna shove my opinion in your face without letting you fight back. I am human and prone to lots of error, so you should tell me!