quote of the whenever

“Home is behind, the world ahead” – Edge of night, LotR song

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Scarlet review

Scarlet review
Plot: *WARNING: THIS PLOT WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS  TO CINDER AS WELL AS SCARLET SPOILERS AFTER LIKE I DUNNO MAYBE THE HALFWAY POINT, I'LL PUT A "|" AT THAT POINT TO WARN YOU PEOPLE, SO DON'T COME CRYING TO ME* Scarlet's tough, open-minded, awesome grandmother has been missing for two weeks. They've decided that she's left on her own due to no trace of her, nor signs of struggle. Scarlet refuses to accept that, and goes off looking for her on her own. With help from a strange stranger named Wolf. Because that's a trustworthy name! Meanwhile Cinder is escaping prison and trying to figure out what to do - with the addition of flirty, funny, cocky, Carswell Thorne. Ah, Carswell. He's like the Han Solo type character (the author loves Han Solo, so that's why I think Carswell is her tribute). | Cinder's only lead is missing, and her Granddaughter is jumping off trains with a mysterious bad boy. With fangs. Who says he'll take her to her grandmother. Seems legit. As they get closer he keeps on giving her chances to get out. She won't accept them. Cinder is trying to figure out where her lead is, and her lunar magic. Which, has been out of her hands. And she's scared. Back to Scarlet, Wolf is evil, has Scarlet in his lair. Her Grandmere is there too. They were concerned about the Lunar princess but now that that's out, they wanna know how she resisted lunar bio electricity manipulation. Scarlet gets a chance to escape, with Wolf helping her, and Thorne and Cinder pick them up. They'll join. Kai agrees to marry Levana, and that's it.

Thoughts: I loved it, because of the addition of a tough feminist hero added to our previous feminist icon. Then there's Wolf and Thorne, who were awesome. If I was anymore in love with Kai, he'd be my age Captain America. Like, dang! He's really great. And while I ship Scarlet and Wolf, I know people are going to complain that, like in the previous book, the romance wasn't well developed. I don't know a lot about romance, but I do think it was the right thing to sacrifice for the awesome plot. I also don't mind it, because of love at first sight but not just seeing someone and marrying them in like a month, no the whole I want to get to know that person and crap romance. So, if you understood any of that... Also, Iko is awesome and I'm glad she's back. I hope she gets a good body, and maybe she can help Cinder like Nansi does for Kai.

Rating: 5/5.

Lunar
Super-chu
Raven DeWitt

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll I'm not gonna shove my opinion in your face without letting you fight back. I am human and prone to lots of error, so you should tell me!