quote of the whenever

“Home is behind, the world ahead” – Edge of night, LotR song

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Champion review

So, like... Sorry. But, bribery! Because I missed a couple (so, So, SO sorry!!!) I'm doing my champion review today. Enjoy.

Plot: *WARNING, PLOT WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR BOTH THIS BOOK AND THE TWO OTHERS IN THE SERIES. WELL, KINDA, I MEAN, ITS NOT TO BAD, BUT WHATEVER. ENJOY* June Iparis (Aka fictional me) is the elector priceps, along with two other people. They're working a deal with the colonies for peace. 'Cept then the colonies get the plaque the republic was using to fight against them, and they're all like "this means war!" And they have to cough up a cure. Which they don't have. The only one who has survived and might be the key to the cure is Day's little brother, Eden. But Day doesn't trust the republic with his baby brother. And Day's dying. No one will help without a cure. Finally they convince Day to let Eden figure out the cure. 'Cept Eden's not the one the cure mutated from. It's June. They come up with a plan to wreck the colonies and June goes to the lab. In the middle of the plan they get a cure, but Day's already in action. They focus on getting everyone to safety and Day, in action gets wounded. June prays he'll live, and he wakes up from a coma a few months later with no memory of the past two-ish years. No memory of Jameson, Thomas or... Her. She leaves him (if you love me let me goo... Geez, gotta hate that recurring theme, eh? Dang it panic at the disco!) and then the next part of the book is ten years later, June, who's become best friends with Tess and Pascao, is meeting Tess for her birthday dinner. When she sees a blonde haired blue eyed boy going the same way. The last lines are them reintroducing themselves. "I'm June."


Thoughts: okay, I love, love, love, love, love, love, loved it. So, so much. But I had a few, minuscule problems. And some psychological things to think through. Anywho, imma start with the bad. Kay? So, I think the cure was found to easily. Like, "oh, it's not Eden and we took weeks of testing him. Here let's try June... INSTA-CURE! Dude, it was literally like, a few hours. It takes longer, okay! What the heck? Then there was Thomas confessing to Metias's death. Like oh my gosh. We know Thomas killed him, and Jameson ordered him too. We know he had his orders and plenty of other opportunities to save him, and they could've just talked over that with her not forgiving him for it. But no. Thomas has to talk about how he kissed Metias before killing him (which was the most awkward book scene ever. Like, um, awkward!) and how much he loved him and it was like uhh... No. Just no. I would've liked it, if not for Thomas saying he loved him and kissed him and crap (especially if, in the first book, he seemed to actually like like, as in have a crush on June...). I am so very especially thankful that Tess admitted she was just jealous of June and only loves Day as a brother, and Tess and June became friends. I love that so much. I also liked the "be careful of who you become" lesson. And, one of my favorite things that messed with my mind so much, was Thomas. When he escaped he went to the battlefront and got shot down. Following orders that much. It's... Psychologically smart people speak for like... Messing with your mind. Like, dude....
Rating: 4/5, for reasons mentioned.
June-Bug
Super-chu
Raven DeWitt

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll I'm not gonna shove my opinion in your face without letting you fight back. I am human and prone to lots of error, so you should tell me!