quote of the whenever

“Home is behind, the world ahead” – Edge of night, LotR song

Monday, August 18, 2014

Guardians of the Galaxy review

Hey! My cousin left today, which is totally sad, but yesterday I went and saw Guardians of the Galaxy which is totally YAY! I loved it. In depth...

PLOT: Peter Quill's mom died of cancer the night he was abducted by aliens. Not that there was anyone left who cared about him, leaving him with his music and the whole big wide galaxy. He took on the name Starlord and starts stealing stuff and sellin it, like all good characters in need of development do. Well, he captures a rock and finds out two other parties want it (at least!). The buyer dips out because one of the parties interested is psycho and when he walks out, there's a super hot green chick for him to hit on! Lucky him! Until she turns out to want the rock too, and attacks him. But while they're fighting, a certain Floral Colossus and evolved raccoon mistake her for a bounty hunter trying to capture their prize. Starlord could make anyone a lot of money. Of course, while four people are having a huge fight in the middle of a huge city, they get captured. Rocket (he's the evolved raccoon bounty hunter) claims Quill as his own, and says touch 'im and die (in a few more words. Or less... Or something) but while Groot, Rocket and Quill are safe, Gamora (super hot green chick who stole the rock) is fair game, and a lotta people have a vendetta with her dad. As we all know, it's the kids fault what their dad is like, so let's kill the psycho's son (or in this case, daughter)! Of course, after people try getting Gamora for their own vendetta, Drax wants her to himself. It's not revenge unless you do it yourself. Starlord reasons that the way to get to her dad/master (forgot his name. I'm probs gonna call him the bad dude) is by taking her. Rocket reasons that money is well, money and breaks the five of them out of the jail, taking Starlords ship, the rock and (thankfully) Starlords cassette player. They're at the (very familiar) buyers about to sell when the buyer's servant decides she dislikes him (he is kinda a dick, *kinda being bigger on the inside as always) and tries to use the stones power *HALFWAY -ISH POINT, SPOILER TERRITORY I GUESS* she fails and explodes, Drax calls the bad guy who brings his army and gets the stone. Gamora and Starlord are captured, they're all at their worst. But Starlord comes up with part of a plan, Gamora agrees so she can die among friends, Drax still wants his revenge, Groot is groot and Rocket is standing like an idiot. They're all standin like idiots, ya happy? There's the whole huge end battle, Drax learns a thing or two about revenge and everyone learns about friends and family. They decide that while imperfect losers (I mean like, people who have lost stuff) the galaxy won't protect it's self.

THOUGHTS: I really liked how big a part music played in the movie, especially since music isn't what you're expecting to be big in that kind of movie. It was really good, plus the movie was funny. I love funny things. I loved all the characters. Drax was funny, and while blinded by hate, pretty tough and instrumental. Gamora was tough and smart and strategic. And doesn't need no man (as we found out in the almost kiss scene, although I'm not so sure a kiss from Starlord would be that bad). Starlord maybe be a player, but he's sweet and loves music and is totally more than a little bit dorky. Rocket is 110% sass which is always a good thing which leaves me with Groot. The friendly floral colossus is tough and a totally awesome fighter, while still being innocent and nice. So, naturally, while I love all the characters Rocket and Groot are my favorites.

RATING: 5/5 (it's not my new favorite, but I really liked it, so...)

Oh, and Floral Colossus (Groot's species) are actually extinct save one (I'll give ya three guesses) and can regrow from even a single As I think I put in like, this post last week-ish (over last week) so I totally knew he wasn't _____ and if any of you read that, hope you remembered that little part!

Movie reviewer
Super-chu
DeWitt
Raven

INVERTED PYRAMID!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll I'm not gonna shove my opinion in your face without letting you fight back. I am human and prone to lots of error, so you should tell me!