quote of the whenever

“Home is behind, the world ahead” – Edge of night, LotR song

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Inspired

Hello. How goes it? Me? Not as well as I'd have hoped. Last Wednesday of summer and I'm sitting on my sunroom couch with a stuffy nose and a sore throat feeling sick. A prompt on my friend Hilda's blog may or may not have inspired me to write something.... Here's the prompt;

You have a new neighbor who is moving in. He/she is looking at you with a smile as you walk along the sidewalk on your way to the park. You are bound to meet as soon as you reach him/her up ahead. What happens next?

I dunno, it just kinda inspired me. Plus I'm working on another piece that was at first inspired by Marie Lu's second book in the legend series, Prodigy, the whole cities built on water, and then while setting it up, I read the Legend of Zelda manga and I realized my main character was kinda like Link when I set her up, so now the story is inspired (a lot) by LoZ. I still like the city on the sea utopian post apocalypse feel for the setting, but I also like the LoZ inspiration for characters and plot. Maybe I can fit in that above snippet, but you'll have to see. If I like how it's going I might post it here. Anyways, there are three LoZ games that I will roughly be basing the characters off of.


Link and Zelda, of course, but since my main character is a girl, it's going to be a girl link (and I'm changing the names so they work in Japanese, cause I can and I'm a bit of a nut and to work better with gender changes) and since I ship link and Zelda, it's going to be a guy Zelda. The three main characters that are going to be main characters in my story, other than link and Zelda, are Fi, Navi and Midna, but they're all going too be humans. I think their three personalities are complimentary and very important for side characters; the rude one (Midna, but she's still one of my favs), the smart one (Fi) and the annoying one (navi). Anyone who has played these games will probably agree. And I think people who haven't played legend of Zelda will probably like my story, but there will be lots of little geek out moments for those who are into the game. So..... If I like it, I will post it.

Chosen hero
Super-chu
DeWitt
Raven

INVERTED PYRAMID!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

We'll I'm not gonna shove my opinion in your face without letting you fight back. I am human and prone to lots of error, so you should tell me!