quote of the whenever

“Home is behind, the world ahead” – Edge of night, LotR song

Monday, August 25, 2014

OUaT

Hey. I'm currently re-watching once upon a time before the new season comes to netflix. I sadly haven't watched the most recent season as it came to TV, so.... I don't really know what happens in it. Sorry! But I do know Frozen's coming to one upon a time. Sadly, I am not excited about it. Okay, sorry, don't kill me just yet. I have a solid reason for being not excited, and I'd rather try to reason with you before you purge me for sayin that. Savvy?

Okay, the reason I am the only person in the universe not excited for Frozen coming to once upon a time is because they are taking it straight from the movie. Yes, they've done snowwhite, but they haven't done Disney's snowwhite and the seven dwarves. OUaT has done beauty and the beast, Cinderella and peterpan, but they've done the original tales, not the Disney ones. They've done rapunzel, not tangled. It would be one thing if they were doing the snow queen the original tale Frozen was based off of, but they're not. They're doing Frozen. So..... I'm not actually looking forward to it. So sorry, but I just feel like it's not them. And, actually....... It isn't. I mean, sure there are some similarities it the Disney tales, that aren't in the originals, some Easter eggs. Some little shout-outs to Disney. But no story straight from Disney. They're changing for popularity is what it feels like (and frozen is pop-u-lar!). I love Frozen, I love OUaT but this isn't either of them.

The good news about not looking forward to or not being excited about something is it can only get better from there. So.... Impress me OUaT. You can only get better from my thoughts about it.

Princess
Super-chu
Raven DeWitt

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen Frozen and I don't plan too after what my mom said. She said she didn't like it. My sister said it is sad and I can't watch sad movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is kinda sad, but I don't think it was that sad. I totally loved it, but is think it's getting way more hype than it deserves and (in my opinion) from what the people who are borderline obsessed with it say, they aren't true Disney fans. If they were true Disney fans, they wouldn't say some of the things that they do about it.

      Delete

We'll I'm not gonna shove my opinion in your face without letting you fight back. I am human and prone to lots of error, so you should tell me!