quote of the whenever

“Home is behind, the world ahead” – Edge of night, LotR song

Monday, December 17, 2012

The Return Of The King

So for my first post that... well isn't about me, I decided to do one about The Lord Of The Rings, in honor of the prequil The Hobit coming out. The Lord Of The Rings is one of the best fantasy books of all time. The movie's pretty good too.  The only reason I got to watch them was because my mom was talking on the phone, and it was a boring part in the second movie. I was like 6 so i still had to have my mom tuck me in, and she talked on the phone forever, so I finished the second movie (from like the middle) and had to see the end of the amazing trilogy and the beggining. My personal favorite is the third, other than the part where smeagul strangling his best friend on his best friends birthday. Just for a stupid demon possesed ring. Other than that its a really good movie. I mean, A giant spider, a few more battles, and of course we can't forget the epic fight on a volcano. I really like older books and movies like that, because they have no messed up... purple (guys=blue, girls=red, red+blue=purple). Plus they can talk about religion or portray religion in their stories. I mean now, people don't have as many morals. I mean, sorry if I sound like a overly moral person, because I try to live up to what I can, I try to be a good christian, but I'm not perfect. And I can't change hollywood. But what I can do is appriciate the stuff that has morals.
Anyways back to Lord Of The Rings. I think that the whole movie, the battle between good and evil, the worst part is when Smeagul strangles his best friend, and turns into Gollum. It just shows how evil the ring is. The power of the ring. I never really liked Gollum, but he's the only reason the ring was destroyed. I mean with out him the ring wouldn't have been bitten off Frodos  finger, and there never would've been the fight over it, then gollem never would've fallen over the edge into the volcano. Although, if I (or anyone) every have to go on a quest to through a cursed ring into a volcano, don't you dare let me trust Smeagul/Gollum. I don't want to battle an ugly gigantic spider, and ultimatly get my finger bitten off. Although the worst part would be trusting a evil possesed psycho who killed his own best friend for the ring, over my own best friend who doesn't care about the stupid ring. That would be the worst part. Ever.
Lord Of The Rings enthusiest and possible ranting over-thinker (POSSIBLE not definant)
-Raven DeWitt

2 comments:

We'll I'm not gonna shove my opinion in your face without letting you fight back. I am human and prone to lots of error, so you should tell me!