quote of the whenever

“Home is behind, the world ahead” – Edge of night, LotR song

Thursday, January 8, 2015

reasons Jasmine is awesome

I am going to disney in exactly a week, so I decided to do 6 posts (on the seventh day I'll be on the bus to disney) and having six favorite disney princesses, I decided to do six posts; one for each of em.  So, here's the first one, my first favorite Disney Princess (first doesn't mean favorite, they're all my first favorites, but she was my favorite first)

Jasmine

So, she was definitely my favorite princess when I was younger. I'm going to guess it was because I was slightly in love with Aladdin, but I also really loved Jasmine. A couple of the reasons are a little weird but.... Well, let's just get on with it.
1- she owns a tiger. 

2- this is the weird one... I really like that she wears pants and not a dress. I really love that because before (and after) all the disney princesses wear dresses except for her (and Mulan, but for every time people know she's a girl she's in a dress). Jasmine just wears pants, and I love that because while most people who do these versions of the princesses that are modern or high school or whatever make her girly I like her because she isn't. She wears pants, she doesn't wanna be a prize to be won... It's all pretty ungirly. Plus, owning a tiger is ungirly.

3- she loves Aladdin when he isn't a prince. 

I'm not sure if this came out before or after beauty and the beast, but it's one of the first to have the prince not be some perfect, hot, rich amazing person. Next is the beast, then Flynn and the last is the funny donkey looking fellow (Kristoff). They're some of the only imperfect disney princes and the princesses love them anyways. Making them even more awesome.

There's peobably more reasons I love Jasmine, but those are the biggest. Tomorrow; Beauty(Belle), then Mulan, then Tiana, then Merida, and last but not least, Rapunzel. Then I'll be off to Disney! Whoo-hoo! :-)
Princess
Super-chu
Raven DeWitt

2 comments:

  1. Love this idea! I agree with your reasons, especially the tiger one haha.
    - July, http://julyaemmance.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

We'll I'm not gonna shove my opinion in your face without letting you fight back. I am human and prone to lots of error, so you should tell me!