quote of the whenever

“Home is behind, the world ahead” – Edge of night, LotR song

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Tumblr spn fans being bullied

I have important serious stuff to discuss. This is a wierd change of pace for me, but it's something important to me; supernatural fans have been being bullied on tumblr. I guess it's been going on for sometime now, but I never go on social media other than blogger and I guess most bloggers I follow don't know about this enough to post. I went on Facebook last night and saw it. Apparently it's spread from just supernatural to other fandoms like doctor who, Sherlock, otaku and gamers, and others I've never heard of (I love all of you from other fandoms! It just seems that when things I care about seem to stick with me and I love all those things. I love everyone getting bullied and am praying for you and here to support anyone if needed, no matter what you're into!) and it pisses me off.
I don't like being cliche, but a) if they're bullying you, block them. Right this second. B) ignore them. Sure, a few people are jerks, but there's so many people in our fandoms, so many who will be sad if you are dead. Even if you don't think there is, at least live long enough to find out. What if you were gonna cure cancer when you grew up, but then you die and thousands died from cancer? I betcha the bully won't cure cancer, so you have to live to. C) if you really can't block or ignore them, step back from the computer. Don't go online for a little while until it dies down; hopefully it will. Bullies cannot go on forever.
Okay, truth; I've never been bullied, so I don't know how it feels. I've had many people make fun of me behind my back or be fake nice, which makes me personally feel like bullying would be better, so I could at least stand up for myself. Some of you might hate me for that, but it's just my opinion. It's what would be better suited to my personality, being able to stand up for myself. I wish mean people didn't exist at all, but they do, and while I don't know how that feels, I will and do support you with whatever you're going through.
Sorry for the serious post, but I had to talk about it. It's so stupid (the bullies, not the people being bullied!) I honestly feel like people shouldn't be for what they like. I also feel like it's weird fandoms they're targeting; yes, I know lots of people in these fandoms who are hurt, depressed and I know quite a few who used to harm themselves, and those people are generally easy to bully because they believe the bullies already. They're wrong, but they believe them none the less. But there's also lots and lots and lots of people in this fandom that are a bit more like me, secure in who they are and willing to stand up and fight for what they believe in. People willing to call out bullies, who own actual .22, master shields and katanas. People who are tough and confident. It seems weird to risk their wrath tearing down some. For no reason; seriously, why is this even going on?
Annoyed
Super-chu
Raven DeWitt

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll I'm not gonna shove my opinion in your face without letting you fight back. I am human and prone to lots of error, so you should tell me!