quote of the whenever

“Home is behind, the world ahead” – Edge of night, LotR song

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Beach days

Let's hit the beach.
*Looks off into the distance like every cheesy show flashback ever* My parents beach license expired, so I was dropped off a bit further away than usual. I walk over and don't see anyone from my church, but as I walk closer I see... A group of guys from my church. Not knowing where the church stuff is, I go over there. Appariently they're super loud and social -.-" Not that being loud and social is bad, but I am very antisocial even to the point where I might have slight anxiety. Maybe not but maybe... Anyways, the church group isn't even set up yet, so I get to help carry all this stuff to the beach. Whoo. Seriously, I'm cool with it. Anyways, then a couple of us got on the boat while two others went tubing. It was really wavy, it being lake Michigan and all. I was asked if I wanted to go too. Then the driver (and youth pastor) proceeded to say he would go easier. It was sooooooooo on. I went with the other kid in the boat and while we didn't go super hard, I'm willing to bet it was about as hard as the other guys went. And I didn't fall off. Then I exhaustedly went on shore, and was chillin when these guys from our church came up and said that they needed a new member to help them catch a sea gull. I volunteered and it was super fun.
Then, being brilliant, a group of people from our church went pier jumping. And no one was doing it before we came, but after we did, a bunch of people started doing it. Yeah! I absolutely loooovvveeee pier jumping. And stupid things. I knew I should've worn my "WARNING: I do dumb things" T-shirt yesterday. Anyways, it was super fun and me and my friend Ivy -the only girls in the group- jumped off and two of the guys didn't so we started teasing them about us girls being braver and tougher than they were. It got one of them to jump. Yay! Then we proceeded to leave, and we ran into two girls from our church playing on the rocks. They said they'd never been pier jumping before so we brought them to the end of the pier and tried to get them to jump off. One of the girls steadfastly refused and the other one was scarred at first, and her friend kept on saying not to so I said "Don't try to peer pressure her into making good decisions! What kind of a friend are you?!"
Then we sadly went back to the sane people and I went tubing again with Ivy. We were both pretty sure he was trying to get us to fall off, and I said it was probably because I hadn't fallen off earlier so she tried to push me. And succeeded. Ugh. Anyways, it was fun.
For the remainder of the time we  watched guys from our church play volleyball against people we didn't recognize and we were cheerleaders cause we both suck at volleyball. But hey, it was fun.
Beachy
Super-chu
Raven DeWitt

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll I'm not gonna shove my opinion in your face without letting you fight back. I am human and prone to lots of error, so you should tell me!