quote of the whenever

“Home is behind, the world ahead” – Edge of night, LotR song

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The Knife Of Never Letting Go review

I just went blueberry picking with July, and baby sat yesterday but nothing much really has happened. At least, note worthy bloggy stuff. So, The Knife Of Never Letting Go review. July wanted me to read it, and well... I wasn't expecting to like it so much. ONTO THE REVIEW!!!

Basic Plot: Todd Hewitt is a month away from being a man. In Prentisstown boys become men on their thirteenth birthday. Todd Hewitt is the last boy in Prentisstown to become a man. Since he's the last boy, all the other men even if they're just thirteen and a couple months, are ignoring him, because what important men can speak to boys?
Becoming a man at thirteen isn't the only strange happening in Prentisstown. There's also noise. Did you know that the average person has a thousand thoughts per second? You can only remember one or two. But with noise? You hear every single persons thousand thoughts per second. Including animals. Well, every boy's and man's and animal's thousand thoughts per second. There are no woman or even girls in Prentisstown. They all died when the noise came. But one day when Todd is out in the swamp he finds a creature with no noise. Soon his dad sends him and his dog, Manchee, out with a book from his mom and a map. He can only read a bit, and it says "You must warn them". Of what? Now, not only is an army from Prentisstown chasing him, but also Aaron, who WILL NOT DIE. While running he meets the hole in the noise; a girl named Viola. But, all the girls died, or so he was told. If he was lied to about this, what else is a lie? What does he have to warn them about? And what does Aaron (and the rest of Prentisstown) want?

Thoughts: It started out slow, was very confusing and the grammar and spelling was horrific. And this is coming from definitely spelled like definantly from me. Oh, yeah. But, of course, I really did like it. Although, I also predicted most of it, like *Spoiler* and *Spoiler* and of course, I predicted *Spoiler* Um... It also has strong language and *Spoiler* a dog dies. *Spoiler over* overall though, it's a pretty good. I dunno why... but I liked it.

Rating: Like 4/5 maybe?

Noise-less
super-chu
DeWitt
Raven

INVERTED PYRAMID!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. DON'T SPOIL!!

    But I'm glad you liked it more than you expected. Hopefully you'll read the rest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I said SPOILER ALERT so if you still read that, it's your fault. I will, don't worry :)

      Delete

We'll I'm not gonna shove my opinion in your face without letting you fight back. I am human and prone to lots of error, so you should tell me!