quote of the whenever

“Home is behind, the world ahead” – Edge of night, LotR song

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

St. lu

Hey! So, I've been back from St. Louis for a couple days, yet this s ny first realpost. Well, hi. I'm actually typing this on my moms tablet so it may look different and I may make a lot of mistakes, because I'm not used to it. Sowwy! Anyways, St. Loui! I love it, and tomorrow I'mgoing ti sharesoe deeper stuff Ilearned on the trip, todays just the usual. STL schedule: breakfast, sermon kinda thing, tutoring, lunch, work project, dinner, backyard bible club (bbc), wrap up kinda thingy, sleep. Then do it all over again the next day. The onlyexceptions; saturday: driving. Sunday: churh, lunch, bbc. Friday: zoo, fountains, museum.. and beforre you thinkboring, lemme tell you, it has a ferris wheel and a bus AND THATS JUSTTHE ROOF! Imagine aplayground and now imagine it inside aten storybuilding and thatsthe city museum. But, week first...... Car ride was awesome. I was alone, cause you could choose a friend to go with the whole time, but I said I was fine alone, meaning I couldbe in an all guy car twice in a row, which also assigned me tobreakfast dutywith said all guy group. But I didnt mind. I actually enjoyed it more! Then there was sunday and for lunxh you get to eat with a family from the church.our famiky had a cute littledog. Free time then i wentto bbc with my part of the craft group went to Etzel cause it rhymeswith pretzel. Hehe. The next day Igot my tutoring girl, named Malindi, officially the coolest name ever. I sat at a table nearmy male FRIEND, whos my friend but also a guy. Anyways, she kept saying we should date,then she wrote him a note asking if he wante to go out with me (no, he was did not. Shut up) and then she wrote me a note saying I had to or I'd be an old cat lady forever (her words, not mine). Whenever i told thatstory people usually said "well you COULD" but I also heard "you wouldnt be an old cat lady. I cant see you with cats." AND "I could see you alone because you dont think any guyisgood enough foryou" although that last coment could be a disease called Crush-induced-rudeness, or CIR. Any people lose friends due to it every year. shehad CIR that WHOLE day. Evil. Symptoms of CIR includes wanting to act cool, populr or like anything that isn't your REAL personality. Thats a whole notherpost. Tutoring waslikethat all week. work projects for me wercost more te: D(ay) 1: diggng a trench so that it doesnt flood the playground. Nothing notable that day. D2: lawn mowing. I have actually never mowed a lawn until then. And I was with two guys, making 3 of us, with 2 lawn mowers and a weed wacker. Everyone had to do something, meaning I had to learn how to mow a lawn. The guy who taught me? Well, he was a year younger than me, which isn't much, but its enoughh to make me super emarassed. To make it more awkward, I kinda like him like him. Which is never to be mentioned again, repeated or thought about again. Kay? Kay. D3: quiet time. D4: filling in a pond. Okay, so a missionary had a sister. Who was a widow. Run down house, nice neighorhood. She died, bbrother gets house. He wants to fix it up and sell it so he ca continue his missionary work. There was a pond in the backyard that was so bad it would cost more to fix than it would to get rid of it. So, we filled it in with dirt. I was with all guys (the yard work guys and a new one) plus a leader who had only sons. Not the type youd expect to know disney music. Yet, we played disney music and got into an unspoken competition of saying the song first. I, of course, won. But, whenever I said the movie, no one really listened, someone else would say it, i wouldtell them i already said it. The things that are NOT perks of being a wallflower. Anywho, it was fun and the guy who taught me to mow the lawn? Well, if I knew a Disney song I would sing along, awkwardly, look up to see if anyone noticed and most of the time he was singing along too, which made me feel better. Thats all for today, the fun days drama will take a whole post. Disnerd Super-chu Raven DeWitt

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll I'm not gonna shove my opinion in your face without letting you fight back. I am human and prone to lots of error, so you should tell me!