quote of the whenever

“Home is behind, the world ahead” – Edge of night, LotR song

Friday, July 11, 2014

Prodigy (Legend book #2) Review

Here's the thing; I finished Prodigy a couple-a-days ago, and I really loved it and wanna review it........................ But I don't wanna. If everything starts looking weird it's cause I started crying. Kay? Kay. For the record, I don't cry easily, only over fandoms (books, anime yada yada). Anyways, lemme begin.
I've been wanting to do book reviews like, real reviews for a while so I'm gonna try it out right now. So.............. prepare for me to be weirder than usual. Or more normal. Either way it's.... Weird? Not normal? Eh, whatever. BTW this'll definitely spoil Legend but so if you haven't read Legend and mind spoilers don't read. I'll warn ya if it spoils Prodigy. Deal? Deal.
Prodigy review
Plot: People usually do the back of the book whatever, but I'd rather do it myself This might suck. Anyways... June and Day are running from the cops/military/everyone but before going to the colonies Day wants to check in on the Patriots and make sure Tess is okay. The leader of the patriots, Razor, says that he'll help Day with his bullet wound, find Eden and then help June, Day, Eden and Tess escape to the Colonies if (and only if) June and Day agree to work for the republic. One job. To assassinate the new elector. Day agrees, but June is less sure. She finally agrees just to help Day. The elector's dad (the previous elector) just died, leaving him at his most vulnerable. Rumor has it he's quite taken with June, the perfect prodigy. The plan is for June to get close to the elector and gain his trust by warning him about a fake assassination so he'll trust her and she can lead him into an assassination. Complicated, right? Anyways, as June goes to work gaining his trust, she begins wondering, if the new elector is anything like his father.
As June is being treated to expensive dinners in expensive dresses being the worlds most well treated prisoner, Day is trying to fit in with the patriots. There are a couple problems: Tess is jealous of June, Some people think Day will ruin everything for June if she's still loyal to the republic and that Day has morals. The patriots, not so much.
So, anyways, point being: Elector is going to be dead and might not deserve it. No one trusts Day because of June.
 
Thoughts: I love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love loved it. While I loved it, that does not mean it was perfect. They made a guy flirt with Day and Metias was gay both of which made me feel kinda awkward and I don't exactly support gay rights... Sadly, most books now are doing that. UGH! Anyways, another blemish on this amazing sequel is Tess. I adored her in the first book, but in this one she was petty and jealous and totally coming onto my man (Did I mention I'm June? Cause I am). Anyways, the last thing that I less than loved was that it ended with *SPOILER* you finding out Day's dying so he breaks up with June without telling her he's freakin dying and so June thinks it's something else and DUDE! Men *Mock shakes head* *SPOILER OVER* Overall, I LOVED it. Amazing sequel to a nearly perfect series.
Rating: I don't know about rating things, but since I'm doing a review......... 4/5. Loved it, but really Tess and Metias?
 
Real reviewer
super-chu
DeWitt
Raven
 
INVERTED PYRAMID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll I'm not gonna shove my opinion in your face without letting you fight back. I am human and prone to lots of error, so you should tell me!