quote of the whenever

“Home is behind, the world ahead” – Edge of night, LotR song

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Good vs. Evil vamps, werewolves ghouls and everything else

Hey. So, remember when I got the Marshall Lee T?
There it is again to jog your memory. Anyways, when I wore it I got into a discussion with my mom (where all good posts begin ;p) about vampires and werewolves. She said when she was young vampires and werewolves and zombies and ghosts and witches were bad and now they can be bad or good and she doesn't know what she thinks (but she's leaning towards dislike).
Partially, I agree with her. There is something nice about he's a vampire, he's evil, she's a vampire hunter, she's good. The bad is always the bad. It's why my mom didn't like Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier as much as the first one. It was dark and what's bad was good and what's good was bad and there is no set line for the good side (Although we all know the Captain is about as far on the good side as anyone I've ever seen).
That's when I though of supernatural. In the first couple of seasons that was it. It's a wendigo? Bad. It's a vampire? Evil. It's a ghost? We'll send 'em where he deserves. But then there was some moral dispute partially through supernatural and where it is today. Yeah, she's a monster but she can't help it. Yes, they are vampires, but they do everything they can to not hurt people. They do revolting, painful things to not kill people. He is a vampire, but he's trying to redeem himself. He's trying to start a new better life. He saved Dean.
And I have to say, while I love the comfort of knowing, I also know how much it hurts because you're different you're bad when you just can't help it. When you didn't choose to be different, you just are. It's not like they said OH! Yay! Make me a vampire! Please!! I wanna go around killing people, please let me! They were turned because of someone else's choice, or in Marshall Lee/Marceline's case, they were born vampires. It's not like they were begging people to turn them. It's not their fault so they shouldn't be treated different or hunted because of something they didn't choose. A good person could be a vampire just as easily as a bad person.
It doesn't change you unless you let it.
It's your fault who you are.
And every other cliché.
You choose your side.
Good Vamp
Super-chu
DeWitt
Raven
 
INVERTED PYRAMID!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll I'm not gonna shove my opinion in your face without letting you fight back. I am human and prone to lots of error, so you should tell me!