quote of the whenever

“Home is behind, the world ahead” – Edge of night, LotR song

Thursday, September 11, 2014

9/11 thoughts

こにちわ!私は ラベンです!
You get twenty points if you can read that! The points go to absolutely nothing! I felt like opening in Japanese today ( I'm in Japanese class and done for the week, so...) but then I didn't want to just do the classic stuff everyone knows. Actually, the rest of it is pretty easy too.... And I think my katakana is right..... Dunno.
Anyways, today is 9/11, which is a really sad thing and I generally like my blogs to have a happier, funner feel. Sorry, it might be a bit less sunshine-y than usual (cause we all know I'm such a sunny person!). Okay, so, in English class we talked about 9/11 and she had us write about it. When I was writing I totally got to thinking, what if there's a person who missed work that day -there's bound to be- for a surgery. Or they were sick. Or they were on vacation. And they just feel guilty. Relieved, scared, thankful, but so incredibly guilty. I know I would. Actually, if I was sick or going to have a surgery, I would probably be complaining. Out loud I would probably make a joke about it, or say that it sucks, but inside I would be like "ugh, I don't wanna" or I would totally be freaking out for the surgery or I would be sitting at home feeling sick and being super annoyed with how apparently I have the freak ability to cough myself to death and, although I don't watch the news (if it's important enough to me, I'll find out somehow) I would find out and sit there feeling guilty, praying and thanking God for having some stupid cold or that scary surgery, being so thankful for them, praying for my coworkers and friends, but feeling so, annoyingly, pathetically, sickeningly guilty. The kind of guilty where you feel like your going to explode, the kind where you feel like you're going to open your mouth and it'll escape before the response you want. The kind where you feel like everyone knows, like on tv, getting defensive over every question, trying to cover up statements you would normally say in ways you normally wouldn't. I would feel so awful. I think I would feel so bad because, why am I good enough to survive? I'm certainly not a better person than all those people. So... That would be my reaction. What would be yours?
こわい
Super-chu
Raven DeWitt

*japanese of the day* こわい (kowai) means scary, not to be confused with かわいい (kawaii) which is cute.

4 comments:

  1. Wow!! Actually, I was awake that night on Sept 11. i was watching a video and decided to stop it to see what was on TV until I saw the news and saw live when the airplane crashed into one of the buildings. I was stunned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember where I was.... I was just 2, way to young to remember it though. Everyone else remembers where they were though....

      Delete
  2. I'm in the same boat as you Rae, I don't remember a single thing that happened that day. It was such a horrible time for our country, and I sort of wish I could remember at least a little bit. Doesn't it seem like a much longer time ago than 13 years?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I know my mom says my brother liked seeing the airplane crash cause he was like 5, didn't understand it and loves endless destruction......

      Delete

We'll I'm not gonna shove my opinion in your face without letting you fight back. I am human and prone to lots of error, so you should tell me!