quote of the whenever

“Home is behind, the world ahead” – Edge of night, LotR song

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Books galore!

Hello! I got two books from the library like, just now. The second book in the knife of never letting go (chaos) series, the ask and the answer and the fifth book in the first grave on the right series, fifth grave past the light. In addition to that I'm reading the isle of swords and cloaked, plus I have homework. I've got my work cut out for me. But I will try, because I have been wanting to reread cloaked and isle of swords, which I am, but now I have sequels of series to read, and I've enjoyed both the series so far. I'll give a quick over view of all the books, cause I can.
Cloaked: well, it's the princess and the frog meets the elves and the shoemaker who idolized the child of the fisherman and his wife and the valiant tailor. Johnny thinks he's regular, but he works hard and is "a good boy" causing the super pretty and crazy magic believing princess of Aloria to choose him for a quest turning her brother (currently a frog) back into a person. Crazy, right? Except, she isn't and now Johnny, a regular high schooler is going all around the world to find a single frog so he can marry a princess.
Isle of swords: captain Ross Declan is a pirate, but he's different. He takes gold, not lives (without cause. He does kill, but he isn't without mercy) and he draws the line at taking another mans ship. Of course, that doesn't go for every pirate, including the head pirate Bartholomew Thorne. Thorne's  second in command's ship attacks Ross. He gets send to the bottom, and Ross walks away knowing Thorne will not forgive him. They find a kid (fifteen!) who has no memory, but he does have whip lashes that should've almost killed him. They take him in and dub him Cat, and sail off into the sunset... And a pirate safe haven that's been marked. The monks on that island insist Ross take a monk, who has the exact location of an almost impossible to get treasure beyond all imagining. Ah if Thorne wasn't mad at Ross for his lieutenant, now he's mad that Ross took his living treasure map.
The knife of never letting go: I haven't read the ask and the answer yet, so Ill tell ya about the knife of never letting go. Todd can hear everyone's thoughts. All a thousand per second. And that's not including mental images. But when he finds a hole, that leads to secrets. Secrets in plain sight, and hiding from people who can hear his every thought (and see more)
The grave series: Charlie Davidson isn't your average grim reaper. Or your average girl. Or your average anything. She's a PI, with ADHD, the ability to talk to dead people who have not passed, the daughter of a ex police officer dad married to an evil step mother and has the worlds most perfect sister. Her uncle is still a police officer, and helps her with cases every once in a while. Her best friend is also her secretary and lives across the hall from her. To add to the craziness Charlie is also in love with/destine to be with Reyes farrow, son of satan. Every book is a new case and a bit deeper dive into the secrets of Reyes and the powers of Charlie. While the language is horrendous and there are scenes that are not PG rated (sadly) I love these books... Suggested for people who can deal with bad stuff even if they know it's bad and don't agree with it.
Reader
Super-chu
Raven DeWitt

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll I'm not gonna shove my opinion in your face without letting you fight back. I am human and prone to lots of error, so you should tell me!