quote of the whenever

“Home is behind, the world ahead” – Edge of night, LotR song

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Maze Runner Movie Review + Hot Haul

Maze Runner Movie Review, up now!
Basic Plot: Thomas wakes up in the lift, knowing nothing except his name: Thomas. The lift lasts about eight minutes before Thomas arrives in a gigantic walled in area with only teenage boys, a couple raggedy buildings and finally a small forest. The biggest rule is that you cannot go out the mammoth hole in the huge wall into the maze unless you're a runner. Ben tries to kill Thomas claiming Thomas is one of the people who put him there, but since they can't let people go around attacking people, Ben is banished before they can ask any more questions. The next day Ably goes out into the maze with Minho, and they don't return. And don't return. And still don't return. But just as the doors are closing, they see Minho dragging Alby. But they won't make it in time, and no one dares go help them because nobody has every survived a night in the maze. But Thomas can't just sit by and let them die. So, he runs into the maze. *HALFWAY POINT!!!!!* Minho essentially says that Thomas is a really stupid idiot with a very small brain. After defeating a griever (monstrous monstrosities that live in the maze and kill people) and being the first people to survive the night, they come back to the glade with glory and suspicion. Half the people think Thomas is a total Ninja (he KILLED a griever) the other think he's a slint-head shank slime ball who's evil. So, he gets thrown in a jail sell, then he gets to become a runner. That's not even the weirdest thing going on though, because soon a girl arrives in the glade, which, if that isn't weird enough she arrives off schedule, is in a coma and is holding a note that says she's the last one. Ever. Soon the doors stop closing and grievers come and take people and Thomas says that they should try to escape the maze.... Through where the grievers come from.

My thought: First off, I am a total book purest. I will notice if you misquote a line from the book, or if anything happens even half a second or a centimeter off. And, there were a lot of things changed in the maze runner movie. Seriously. I mean, seriously, a lot. A heck of a lot. Anyways, I am such a purest and the movie was a lot different... But I totally loved it. I mean, the actors were good (Although, Theresa's actress wasn't as good as I hoped for...) and the Grievers were beautifully done. I mean, I imagined them totally different, but they were even freakier than I first imagined. I didn't like it better than the book, and I didn't like the book better than the movie. I loved them both, and I am excited for the scorch trials movie (whenever that is).

Rating: 5/5

I also saw a kid who was in orchestra last year at the movie, but no one else I knew (thank goodness!) 'cept my friend who came with and my parents. Today, I had hot topic cash, so I went shopping. I got a T-shirt that has Dean from Supernatural on it that says "no chick-flick moments", a Guardians of the Galaxy T that has rocket raccoon on it and a chibi fairy tail t where they're all that the beach. I got a star wars hat, brave and Aladdin socks and finally a pokemon seatbelt belt..... There's no better way to state that, but that's what it is. Anyways, good haul! :-)
Runner
super-chu
Raven DeWitt

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll I'm not gonna shove my opinion in your face without letting you fight back. I am human and prone to lots of error, so you should tell me!