quote of the whenever

“Home is behind, the world ahead” – Edge of night, LotR song

Friday, September 26, 2014

Strong Females

Yesterday I was totally thinking about how people are always saying how Disney teaches girls they always need a man to save them. I was literally thinking about this last night. Then I saw this today:
http://hiddentriforce.com/a-feminist-perspective-on-the-legend-of-zelda-series/

It has a part in it that talks about... Actually, the whole article talks about stuff kinda like that.
Basically, the gist of the whole article is that Legend of Zelda isn't bad for feminism. Sure, Zelda has Link save her, but Zelda also can totally kick butt. Tetra, Sheik and of course, all the times she helps as a princess. Like when she throws Link the master sword, or gives her life to save Midna (who isn't your typical princess) and gives up to save her kingdom. THIS IS ONE OF THE FEW TIMES I CONDONE GIVING UP! Because it isn't giving up, its saving people and trusting the blue eyed beast. Anyways, Zelda, sure she needs saving, but she also helps Link. Same with most Disney princesses.
Belle helps fight Gaston and she saves the beast with her love. That's like twice, and the beast saved her from wolves.
Mulan saves all of China, but sure she has some help from male friends and gets saved by Shang (and trained) but, saved. All. Of China.
Jasmine helped in the final battle (Gee, I've been playing too much video games if I call it final battle a bit)
Rapunzel saved Flynn just as much as he saved her.
Tiana? She's the one who knows stuff, not the stuck up prince.
Personally I think Megara (Not a princess but whatever) says it best when she says "I'm a damsel, I'm in distress, I'm handling it".
I think being a strong female isn't about never having a guy save you. It isn't about being invincible, but that doesn't mean you can never save people.
I was just thinking about that and wanted to point it out.
Female
Super-chu
Raven DeWitt

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll I'm not gonna shove my opinion in your face without letting you fight back. I am human and prone to lots of error, so you should tell me!