quote of the whenever

“Home is behind, the world ahead” – Edge of night, LotR song

Friday, November 7, 2014

Wednesday wood

Hey! So, I was planning on posting earlier, but I got sidetracked. Then my iPad decided it didn't want me to, and froze, then restarted my post, anyways, tonight I'm gonna babysit but then, four day weekend baby! Whoo! And Big Hero Six comes out today. Whoo-Hoo! Yay. Anyways, when my emotions short circuited. (I must be channelling Leo too much if I refer to humans as machines, but it's true and I've been doing it way longer than when I met Leo (HoO.... Not really real))
My emotional owie was caused by my long board. I love it. I totally love it, and I worked hard on it for hours and. I. Love. It. I freakin love it. It's pretty cool and pretty, well, me. It's a book/video game thing and it's totally nerdy and just so.... Me. All it's missing is disney, anime and superheroes or it would totally be my twin, haha. But well... I mean my parents said it's cool and my brother did (mostly cause he loves wolf link as much as I do, and he if he didn't say anything me and my girl-y feelings would be mad at him), but when I took it to woodshop, no one even acknowledged it. Which hurt. You wanna know why no one acknowledged it? Because my friend Indiana did hers the same week, and we both had ours completed. I didn't really mind that. And hers was pretty cool, although the set-up bugs the death the kid bit of me a bit (the symmetry is a bit... Unsymmetrical), I did think hers was cool. But everyone thought hers was cool, and no one even acted like mine existed. Which
Actually really hurts. I mean, really hurts. Freakin emotions. Anyways, finally someone commented on mine. They were a grown up (just wait til what they said...) and they asked if I free handed it. Seriously? You think I just thought "oh here's this awesome longboard I worked really hard on, I'll just burn into it without planning. A whole huge elaborate design, that if it messes up at the end would suck to restart on a longboard I'd have to build again because the old one would be ruined. Sweet". We all know I'm death the kid-esque (symmetry syndrome). And I stuck a piece of paper to it to burn through, but it was still hard work, and it still took hours gluing it just the right way, putting them all in the perfect position, then painting the top... It was really hard work. So, I said the truth. No, I got a peice of paper on the top and burn it through. And he looked disappointed. Disappointed! He was older than 5, he actually know... Anything! He should have logic! At the very least he shouldn't look dissappointed. He shouldn't look like I didn't put any work into it. Like I don't matter! Like... I dunno. It just hurts. And then I started to say but I did do the top free hand and crap and I totally just trailed off because he totally looked like he just didn't care. Dude, you're a freakin grown up! And, I mean, that was the only person who even acknowledged it. Everyone else just ignored it. I mean, stuff like this happens all the time, but every once in a while it just materializes in one thing that hurts. Hurts, hurts, hurts, hurts. Stupid emotions. But I mean, I worked really hard on it. I mean, really really hard. And I really really love it. But no one even cares. Ow. And even though no one cares about mine, which I worked hard on, they all swooned over Indianas. They acted like they were all 10 year old girls and her long board was one direction. My longboard was more like..... One of my brothers friends. Sure, some people like it, but they aren't all trying to murder each other just to say how amazing it is. And I worked just as hard. If not harder. I know it seems stupid, but I've been feeling aweful about it since Wednesday. It really hurts, and I'm not usually one for girly emotions so............ Sorry. I know it's unlike me, but I really needed to rant about it. Thanks.
Emotional short circuit
Super-chu
DeWitt
Raven

INVERTED PYRAMID!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. What in the world???? They're dumb. I've used that word burning tool before and it's super hard to use and can take a LONG time....
    I'm sure what you did was wayyyy cooler than hers because you spent a ton of time on it and it took you a lot careful of planning to figure everything out. Grr... I'm mad at those people that I don't even know haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ^.^ see? It really isn't easy. :) makes me feel better :)

      Delete

We'll I'm not gonna shove my opinion in your face without letting you fight back. I am human and prone to lots of error, so you should tell me!