quote of the whenever

“Home is behind, the world ahead” – Edge of night, LotR song

Sunday, June 30, 2013

St. Louis 2013

Hey, I'm finally back from St. Louis! It was a tiring trip, but I met an awesome person (zoepeanutface) and became better friends with some people I already knew (beauty and the beast plus vroom vroom vroom). I'd better start my tale at the beginning.
So, on the car ride there me and my friend counted all the fireworks signs for Krazy Kaplins fireworks. There were like I remember at least 25, but I'm pretty sure I got up to 50. Then we all got there then we claimed rooms. I was counted as middle school cause there were two grades coming OUT of middle school and two grades from high school, so we had to even it out. I wish Pheonix had gone, but he didn't. It would've been super fun if he had been. Anyways, I was rooming with a bunch of people a year younger than me, but they were my friends so I was cool with it. It was a pretty fun room and thankfully I didn't have to room with the idiots who are like "OMG I wanna pull an all nighter!". Last year, when I went I was with those girls, but I'll explain it all later.
The second day was Sunday, and we went to church then we went to lunch with people from the church. The people had a really cute dog who I hung out with. When we got back we had free time until like dinner. It was raining so we canceled backyard bible club and went to see a movie instead. We were gonna go see man of steel, which I was happy about, but then they changed it so we went to see Monsters University. I was kinda disappointed cause I really wanted to wait to see it with Jessie, July and Phoenix. I'll review it when I go see it AGAIN with them, cause I don't wanna spoil it. But I loved it and can so relate to young mike ;p. when waiting for the movie to start there was a commercial for frozen. It was basically a moose and a snowman fighting over the snowman's nose, so no Princess Anna, but I'm still super excited for it. There was also a commercial/short of two umbrellas (blue guy and red girl) trying to like go towards each other. Everyone in our church were shouting "no purple" (guys are blue, girls are red.... No purple!!!!!). After it was over my youth pastor (who was sitting behind us) leaned forward with a tissue or whatever and said "do you need a tissue for all of your emotions?" We started laughing and fake crying saying it was so sweet. It was really fun. Plus, I got to play out in the rain and was soaking wet. I LLLLLLOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEEEE doing that. It's fun!
The next day they divided high school and middle school. The middle schoolers (including going into 9th) had tutoring in the morning and work during the hottest part of the day. They were going to have high schoolers do that, but the middle and high school pastors said us middle schoolers could do that ^_^. Yay! The girl I tutored wasn't there that day, which was sad. While I was waiting for her, my friend Indiana (Anna for short) came up and we were talking about how little kids like holding hands. I said I don't like holding hands and even as a kid I didn't, and there was a high school guy sitting next to me. He tried to hold my hand once and I pulled away. He tried to hold it again so I slapped him. It apparently hurt >:D. I hung out with my friend Honda (like the car. Don't call her car girl or say vroom vroom vroom cause she'll kill you. Painfully). Her girls and this other kids girls were playing tag so I joined in. Then the girls turned on the other kid and started playing with his hair (I would've too, but that would just be weird), and called him waffle head. :D perfect tormenting opportunity. Then we had the work projects. I got kitchen duty (washing dishes), then mulching. I hate mulching, but I did do it. After that we had our first backyard bible club. There were four locations and groups of stuff that they needed (activities, crafts, directors, lessons, ect.) so we got divided up by them needed there to be equal amounts of each group at each place. The locations were Ward, South Hodamont, North Hodamont and Etzel. I was at Wards. Every other location is named after the place they're at and in the same neighbor hood (within walking distance), but ours wasn't. Ours was named after the people hosting it and in a very different location. I didn't know anyone in my group that well! The only one I recognized was Hollywood Undead. The reason I call him that was cause the first night he was wearing a white mask exactly like the one the people wear in a YouTube video I watched and it was the first time I ever heard of Hollywood Undead. I always think of that mask whenever I think of Hollywood Undead and he was wearing it! Anyways, he's the only person who I knew the name of. I also kinda recognized my friends older brother. He was in the group that was speaking and he was obviously not a big fan of that. He was like monotone and kinda awkward up there, but he did well. I was in the crafts group and the craft that night was face painting. The only problem; you don't paint them, they paint you. And they haven't learned to draw anything other than scribbles. Red face paint doesn't come off either. No matter how much I scrubbed! It was like stuck there for the next day.
Speaking of the next day, I was tutoring again. My girl did show up that day. It was pretty fun, cause she was friends with the kid my other friend was tutoring, so I got to hangout with her. Then there was a work project, were I was teaching people English. The "students" were I think Muslim women in their twenties,  who wanted to learn English. The student I was teaching was learning how to write and spell. I had to say easy to spell three ad four letter words. For like three hours. Only three or four letters! I ran out and the guy who was there (from our church. He was helping his "student" read) helped my out by like mouthing words or pointing to stuff. I feel sorta bad cause I never thanked him. That night at kids club we made door hangers or photo frames or both. The mistake this time; glitter. I (somehow) got glitter on my face. It wasn't all that good.
The next day I had tutoring and then, instead of work projects we ha quiet time. There were a few pages (I think from a blog) that were printed out. I really wanna find what those were from cause they were really good (if it was a blog I might have to post a link). They were really good and I might have to type them up, so that you guys can read them too! After I read them and reflected upon them, I had extra time so I read my bible a little bit. I read a while then I started sketching in my notebook. If you've read my blog for a while, then you'll know what an anthro is (a combination of a human and any type of animal, like a werewolf or the lizard from the amazing spider man I guess. Like human hair and figure, but animal tail and ears and snouts). Well I drew some princesses anthros, a bunny and a dog/cat (it was I guess a mix of both) princesses. At backyard bible club, it was our last one of the entire week. People cried, but the little girl I hung out with wasn't there (it rained earlier so there were less people), so I played basket ball. I'm not very athletic so it was a lot of fun, but everyone was bugging me. Plus I dunno how to play basket ball. Then for the craft we made bracelets. I was stringing this one kids bracelet an I kept on accidentally dropping it when I had like strung on all the little beads. But the kid always wanted me to redo it. He didn't want to go to anyone else, which I think is nice. Then, the Wards to say thank you have us all ice cream. It was awesome. Then I had to get my picture taken, which in case you didn't know, I absolutely hate. I'm not very pretty anyways, then the camera waits until my eyes are pointing two different ways and I look like a chipmunk and then saves that. I swear it happens! Anyways, it was fun.
The next day we had our last tutoring session and then work projects. I did tiling in a nice air conditioned home. It was fun, and we went out to eat afterwards. We had European food which was a bit weird, but I just had some. Me, the pastor who was running the work project and the other girl who did it were all in a like 11 passenger car, so we took in some extra people who's car left early. In the car, Hollywood Undead was doing Joker and Golem impressions which were actually pretty good. He was rrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyy cool. Then my youth pastor went by his moms old house and either his dad or his grandpas old church (who was again a pastor). It was pretty cool.
The last day (not including the car ride) was the fun day. First we went to the zoo, which was fun band I got a Panda build-a-bear that I named after my friend who's obsessed with pandas. Anyways, then I went into the gift shop and was hanging out with my friend, of the male gender, who shall remain nameless. I came out and heard someone say "Raven and " (his name here) "sitting in a tree....." I decided to ignore it, but it still annoyed me. Then at lunch we went to the city fountain. My friend had to go pee, but the only changing rooms/bathrooms were porta-pottys, and one had poop smeared all over the floor so nobody went in there. By the time she finally got in and did her business, we only had like ten minutes left. We were sitting around when someone asked me where the guy friend was (who was in the siting in a tree song with me, ugh) and I was like "I dunno, why should I know". And he said "I dunno it just seems like you guy have been hanging out alot this week". I thought that was suspicious but I didn't say anything. Then when we were ready to leave the museum one of the girls said that it was nice that I was hanging out with him so much. I asked why everyone was being so weird about it all, and she starting saying that I liked him or he liked me and I said no cause I totally don't (and thats no joke, or lie or embarrassment I honestly don't). And then she said that it was different when she hangout with her  guy friends cause they have girlfriends and then I said how does she know I don't have a boyfriend and she said I didn't seem like the type. Offensive. I hate how whenever I hangout with a guy people think we like each other. Ugh!  Anyways, at the museum we were playing sardines  when I had like a panic attack or something and had to go outside, splash water on my face and calm down a bit and when I went back in my partner had a new partner who wasn't from our church. Her names Zoe (Zoey), and she was awesome. She reminded me of Casey (who I named the Panda build-a-bear after), and she was awesome. She died her hair like a purpley blue color and she was wearing a Of Mice & Men (a totally awesome band) t-shirt. She was afraid of heights, (I'm a little too....) but somehow she convince me to ride the ten story slide. It was actually really fun until it got boring. I really wanna friend her on Facebook so don't let me forget to friend Zoepeanutface on Facebook. We also played dodge ball in the ball pit with Indiana which was super fun. We all went a bit psycho.
There's a car ride home, some interesting conversations and a trip from last year that I have to tell you about, but I don't wanna bore you all with a twelve hour post (which is shorter than it took to write this), so I'll tell you all about that tomorrow.
Lots to say
Raven DeWitt

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll I'm not gonna shove my opinion in your face without letting you fight back. I am human and prone to lots of error, so you should tell me!