quote of the whenever

“Home is behind, the world ahead” – Edge of night, LotR song

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pros and cons of being gone

Hey! So, I'm back from New Mexico, which I was at, in case ya didn't know. It's the newest Mexico, just sayin. So, I love, love, love, love New Mexico. Things I love:
-mountains. Pretty, plus they just seem to be calling for a book written about them
- Adobe houses. I loooovvvvvveeeeeeee them. They're so pretty, and another thing that just looks like it deserves a book
- the zoo. Like, Michigan has zoos, but they're not all that good. I've been to the two Michigan zoos, St. Louis zoo, Washington, D.C. Zoo, New Mexico zoo and quite a few others. I love animals, so zoos are definantly highlights of my trips, but I have to say, one of my favorite zoos is New Mexicos. Plus my cousin can talk to the birds (but, according to her they only talk back when I'm there. Weird? Well, I could be a animal whisperer ;-)
- Charley Davidson lives there. Okay, so she's a fictional character, but it's kinda a fun idea, don't ya think? Sitting there at the cafe and you see one of your favorite book characters? Plus the author of the series used to live there, and she has to be cool if she can write the awesome series with Charley Davidson in it!
- family. Okay, so I have family here and I love them, but my family there is a bit closer to my age. Plus I got to go a week without a specific family member I'm not overly fond of. So, win-win.

Of course, great as New Mexico is, there are some things that totally suck about it.
-heat. I am a cold person, so when I'm there I'm.......... Doing whatever frozen things do (IN SUMMER!!!!)
- desert. While it does look like a Wild West set or the village hidden in the sand (Naruto) or even the Sand temple (Legend of Zelda) maybe even a village Jak and Daxter visit, I like water, I mean, like, enough water to breath and/or swim. NM? X-mark X-mark
- family. I totally love my family, but they're all social and I'm not, so that's awkward, plus there's the whole being the youngest, so you can't say anything worse than "stupid", "good-looking" or "bruise" around me. I mean, I am old enough to say idiot, hot and blood, wound, ect. Being the youngest sucks sometimes
- not my house-ness. Okay, I don't mind staying at other peoples houses, or in hotels, but I do like being in a bed, having drawers or a laundry basket and, oh yeah, not having to buy girly things if awkward situations arise (DON'T ASK!)
- you can only pack so many books/games/movies. Okay, so I packed my yearbook, Hyrule Historia, 3 drawing books, the kill order, legend, the invisible spy, and 3 Pokemon games. My mom thought I packed too much, but what if I finished the invisible spy and the second reading of legend (I read it last year. Didn't change the emotional damage. The feeeelllls. Love it so much!) and the kill order? Then my electronics die? Aren't you glad I can draw instead of asking "are we there yet?" Plus I like having all my stuff, so I can NOT be in the mood to read something. I'm reading like, three other books too I didn't bring! And I missed anime for that week :,/ but hey, I was in NM!

Home
Super-chu
Raven DeWitt

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll I'm not gonna shove my opinion in your face without letting you fight back. I am human and prone to lots of error, so you should tell me!