quote of the whenever

“Home is behind, the world ahead” – Edge of night, LotR song

Monday, May 5, 2014

The amazing Spider-Man 2 review

Okay, I haven't told you much in a weekend and a half. But hey, weekend review and then spidey senses sensing something else? ;p we'll get to that.
Okay, so, Friday was chem club, and chem club elections for a new president, VP, planners (2-3), treasurer, pr, and I think something else. Well, you just raised your hand if you wanted to run for a position. I raised my hand for vp, and nobody else did, so I automatically get it. Yay! Then on Saturday I went to cinco de mayo thingy with July for Spanish class. Yesterday was mi madre's, watashino haha's, my mumzies birthday! I just said that in three languages. Boom! Talent! 私の はは. That's the whole "watashino haha" with the corresponding symbol/character/katakana/hiragana/kanji things. Anyways, we went to apple bees and got the best waiter ever. Then we went to..... Drumroll please..... THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2!!!! My moms birthday is official Star Wars day (May the fourth be with you) and a superhero movie always comes out within the first four days of May, so as a birthday tradition we always go see one. Yay. May I just say, the old Spider-Man trilogy? Epic. The amazing Spider-Man (new)? Eh, good-okay. The amazing Spider-Man 2? NAILED IT. Well, almost nailed it. Definantly didn't blow it. I don't think. Okay, that bit was from psych. Seriously, I loved it. Lemme start at the beginning.
It starts with an exciting plane crash. Which is important for the story. The leaving of parents changed from last time to this one, but oh well. HINT HINT CINEMA SINS! Anyways, then it went to a cheesy car chase. You know a movies going to be amazing if it starts with a intense plan crash then goes to a cheesy car chase. And do you wanna know what the car chase made Peter Parker miss? Stan  Lee's cameo. Which, I have to say, was a step down from the past five cameos he's made. I didn't find it funny, sorry Stan the man. You're still epic! But your cameo..... Well, it was terrible. Pro: it was still a "STAN LEE CAMEO!!!" Squeal fest for me. And so, it wasn't awful, but it was my least favorite part of the movie. That's how good of a movie it was! Of course, I'm not done with the car chase! Do you wanna know who he rescues? Max. Who, may be a little mentally unstable, but is a genius and I loved him. He was a pretty good person. Back to graduation. Gwen Stacy the ugh was of course valedictorian. Because she doesn't deserve anything less for perfect her. Ugh. Anyways, the whole first five minutes whenever it included Gwen Stacy may I just say, EPIC FORESHADOWING! Um, if you haven't read the comics or seen the movie, you might not want to read the rest of this post. Or, you know, if you haven't read the comics or seen the movie but don't mind spoiler-age. Cause this should be no secret to comic fans and movie goers, but EPIC FORESHADOWING of Gwen's death is in every Gwen scene. Anyways, breakup scene of which I was literally resisting the urge to yell "Finally!" There was the appearance of Harry Osborne. Future green goblin, current rich, hot, smooth spoiled brat. I didn't like him at first because he looks creepy and isn't supposed to, but wow, he was perfect. I loved how he had the balls to say it straight to the lawyers and business men who were corrupt. I loved him! Then Harry and Peter say hey, and back to Max. This time it's his birthday ( sadness DX) and he goes to work. He opens the elevator for Gwen Stacy (currently an X) and then he starts talking about how cool Spider-Man is. She gets off the elevator and says goodbye or thank you or something "Max". He's happy because someone remembered his name. Aw. Sadness. I remember you Max! As he's leaving for the day, his boss tells his that he has to fix a power broker. It's his birthday, but he goes anyways. Poor guy! He falls into the vat and becomes Electrode. He then gets out and has a confrontation with Spider-Man. For Max, Spider-Man goes from Hero to Zero. Spider-man didn't remember him. Spider-Man just wants attention. Spider-Man lied! Depressing, he gets captured and turns evil. DX :,( I liked him. Then, Peter and Harry. Harry's dying, so he wants a Spider-Man bite or blood or anyway to get the regeneration powers. He doesn't want to die. Peter says he'll ask Spider-Man. Of course, he knows Peter is spidey and spidey refuses. Harry breaks Electrode out ("I thought we were already friends" more sadness) and gets spider venom hidden in oscorp and becomes green goblin. I love the new and improved suit and glider, but I loved the mask from the last movies. In the background in that vault though, you can see Doc-Oc arms, Falcons wings, Rhino's suit (rhino isn't bad, just angry he got stuck in the suit!). Hints for the next movie? I hope so! Anyways, then there's the end villain battle and epic foreshadowing comes to a close with -FINALLY- Gwen Stacy dying. I am a total superhero freak so I knew this happens, making way for MJ. And wow, I loved it. I mean, it was a cool scene and I really hated Gwen Stacy -but that's a post for tomorrow- and Peter becomes depressed. Oh well, MJ is a movie away Pete. Just wait. I know I've been. Again, tomorrow.... Anyways, the only thing other than Stan Lee's cameo that disappointed me was the lack of Rhino. I loved Rhino. Epic villain, plus, ya know, he's rhino. I came in waiting for rhino and I see maybe two minutes of rhino and he BRAVEST KID IN THE WHOLE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!  Me and my brother agree the kid was braver than anyone but Spider-Man. But, while that was a cool scene, there was a little girl waiting for a big Rhino and he never came. Ah, well, maybe the next movie, when -now, this is just hope here- they might have the sinister six. I mean, they had 3/6th of the sinister six's suits, at least. I think....... Yep! Anyways, I loved this movie and it is sooooooooooooo suggested.
Movie critic
Super-chu
DeWitt
Raven

INVERTED PYRAMID!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll I'm not gonna shove my opinion in your face without letting you fight back. I am human and prone to lots of error, so you should tell me!