quote of the whenever

“Home is behind, the world ahead” – Edge of night, LotR song

Friday, May 23, 2014

Reviews of future past

Hey! I saw X-Men: Days Of Future Past last night and............
Well, if you are really looking forward to it I don't want to tell you not to go. I mean, it was pretty great just..... There were lots of things I disliked about it. So, my thoughts on it are pretty bleh. Don't know if it's the fact that it was at midnight or just the movie, but it didn't like it much. If I see it again I'll probably like it better, but alas tis not the case this time.
Okay, so first off, it was a movie mostly based on storyline, minimum fighting (even the fight scenes were pretty boring). Then there was the story. I am FINE with movies with few fights. Storyline is something that is ALWAYS very important, and I don't mind books or movies spending more time on that than the action. I prefer it actually, which is surprising judging on how much I love seeing people kick butt and putting villains in their place. But, as far as the action:storyline ratio, storyline should be bigger. And it was, which is a plus one. Ya know what? My rating is at 5/10 right now, and I'll add and take away as I see fit. So, plus one for action:storyline ratio. 6/10. Now there's the Prof. X being all depressed which seriously pissed me off! He's Xavier! Professor Charles Xavier! He is wise, he is smart, he is calm, he is like, the Yoda of X-Men! Do we see Yoda getting depressed?!?! No! So, I'm actually taking away 2 points for that. 4/10. Funny? There were parts, but not many, so no changes to the rating. The action scenes that were there were boring, but as good as can be expected from a blue girl who refuses to wear clothes (*insert epic eye roll here*) but over all, the action wasn't like making me fall asleep any more than usual. So.... Back to 5/10. Then there was the villian. Evil as can be, annoying, but he's short, so............ He adds a point and takes one away making for a grand total of changing nothing. Hmmm....... There's also a bunch of space-time theory stuff which means that the movie will have to be very very very much debated over in its time travel theories. I mean, there are lots of time travel theories and the movie chose the one that I personally don't believe in the most, but that's a long debate and changed nothing in point total. So, tomorrow is the ruble with time travel. Today, the rating. 5/10. Flatline. I have no views on liking or disliking, just a..... Flatline. I'll tell you more if I go see it again.
Mutant
Super-chu
Raven DeWitt

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll I'm not gonna shove my opinion in your face without letting you fight back. I am human and prone to lots of error, so you should tell me!