quote of the whenever

“Home is behind, the world ahead” – Edge of night, LotR song

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

House of hades dead ahead

Apparently, the superintendent doesn't want me back at school as much as I don't want to go back to school. Oh well, I guess he and I are at an agreement. Until tomorrow. Probably. Hopefully not. But hey, today's a snow day. And cause I can, me and my brother are building a snowfort, but right now we're taking a break. Because it's below zero. With a windchill. Of course, that's no problem for us people in Michigan. Cause we live in below zero. Anyways, finished both house of hades and third grave dead ahead, so, double book thoughts.
I loved house of hades! As always, Rick Riodan or however you spell it made an amazing book with excitement, adventure humor and just a bit of  being completely totally awesome. Percy and Annabeth were in Tartarus the whole time (well, most of it) and Tartarus is where monsters go. They die and reform in the very pit percy and Annabeth are stuck in. It was interesting, because in all of Greek mythology, when has Tartarus been described as anything other than where monsters go? And there were good and bad monsters. I liked that, because it kinda focused on one if my favorite things, you can't choose who you are, but you can choose what you do. I loved that! I really hope the peaceful giant and Titan are okay. I love them. And bob says hi. Of course, I didn't like how Nico and Apollo and some other Greek creature are gay, but I mean, it is the actual myth, and I can't argue with it. It's what they really believed. So, I can't hate the book for that, and I think that's the only thing I disliked about it. I really loved the book.
Third grave dead ahead was good, but it still have purple and swearing, which I know is not a good thing to fill my mind with. In this installment, *SPOILERS* Reyes Alexander farrow who has been in jail for years for murdering someone who isn't even dead, breaks out and uses the main character charley as bait for the psychopath who he went to jail for killing. She gets tortured in the end of the book. Which, I don't mind, but I'm not super happy about how then it killed garret but thankfully it wasn't his time yet. And I totally love Artemis and her biker buddies. And let's not forget the psychopathic doctor. Gotta hate his slimy little guts. Anyways, overall, loved the book, and cannot wait for the next one(s).
In other news, one more day until a new naruto, Mimi and papa, my grandparents from New Mexico coming in a few days, like around Saturday. And then staying a week or two, last week finals week, I have a day off the Monday after finals which is the last day Mimi and papa are here, which is kinda cool cause I mean, who doesn't want to spend their last day in a freezing cold state of below zero with me? Hahaha.
Demi-god grim reaper
Raven DeWitt

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll I'm not gonna shove my opinion in your face without letting you fight back. I am human and prone to lots of error, so you should tell me!