quote of the whenever

“Home is behind, the world ahead” – Edge of night, LotR song

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Who are you?

First day back at school. Oh, whoa is me. I guess I had to go back sometime. And now I don't have the pit in my stomache. I did after winter break, dragging my feet in the ground, not wanting to go back. Chem club tomorrow, but everyone says we won't have school tomorrow, cause we're supposed to have a blizzard tonight. I don't really believe it. Speaking of not believing, biology. We're writing a paper about nature vs nurture. What makes us who we are. We did a genetics sheet in class today too. Can you roll your tongue? (I can) what color is your hair, eyes, lip thickness, can you taste Ptc or pct or whatever (yes. I can. It's disgusting!). There are many characteristics which I share with people. The bitter taste of pct (not nessisarily in that order) on my rolled tongue between my thick lips. But that doesn't make me who I am. The people with genetic similarities aren't exactly as much like me. I mean, I am friends with three of them and tolerate the other two, but I don't think I'm a lot like them. Having a cleft chin or dimples or long eyelashes doesn't mean you're nice or mean or smart or stupid. Doesn't affect your personality, which is more of you than your genes. DNA test can tell who you are, but they can't tell who you are.
That's my philosophic-ness for today
Philosopher
Super-chu
DeWitt
Raven



Inverted pyramid

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! Interesting stuff they teach in these public schools now-a-days ;) Just kidding Rae.
    Wanted to let you know that the disaster writing contest entries are up and voting is open on my blog! Here's the link and thanks again for entering :)
    http://julyaemmance.blogspot.com/2014/01/disaster-writing-contest-entries.html
    -July A. Emmance

    ReplyDelete

We'll I'm not gonna shove my opinion in your face without letting you fight back. I am human and prone to lots of error, so you should tell me!