quote of the whenever

“Home is behind, the world ahead” – Edge of night, LotR song

Friday, February 21, 2014

Varsity tryout competition

We got out of school twenty minutes early today. The roads are /that/ bad. Anyways, a blogger I follow was doing a post about trying out for varsity tennis. She was really freaked, so if you will, pray for her to do well. Now back to me (that doesn't sound egocentric at all *eye roll* sorry! I'm not this queen of the universe in real life...). I don't get why tryouts freak people out (well, I sorta do, but not like super-panicky), I don't get the big deal about JV and varsity and I really don't get competitiveness. And because I'm here, you're going to get my views on it. Well, my science class illustrates it perfectly right now....
We were doing a survival/adaptation stuff. It was "life" or "death". The thing I cared about was the starburst we got out of it. And I walked casually and didn't care. I mean, everyone was getting super into it. My getting "into it" was laughing at the people going once I was done. And in orchestra, the teacher kept on saying "you'll do really well because you're all really competitive" so I bombed the thing on purpose, just because she said that. I guess I'm anti-competition to a point where I'm actually competitive about it. Oh well. I don't tryout for stuff, and when I do I just play at over-confidence for everyone else. That way when I think of it by myself, I tricked myself into being at least a bit less nervous. It usually works. Or I am completely apathetic. That's usually my strategy. As for JV vs Varsity, I really don't think they'll care if you mess up. Plus, at my school at least, JV and varsity goes by grades, with good reason. When you're a freshman, you still have four years to get better. Plus if you're a senior, you have more years of practice than the freshman. I mean, if a freshman is better than a senior, then they'll still get two years, and the senior will still get two years. But, what's the big deal? It's the same sport for the same school. I just don't get it, sorry.
Can someone explain it to me?
Competitively uncompetitive
Super-chu
DeWitt
Raven


INVERTED PYRAMID!!!! :D

2 comments:

We'll I'm not gonna shove my opinion in your face without letting you fight back. I am human and prone to lots of error, so you should tell me!