quote of the whenever

“Home is behind, the world ahead” – Edge of night, LotR song

Friday, October 24, 2014

5 good things we learned from disney movies.

To undo the evils I realised into the air yesterday, I am going to have two posts; ohe today, one tomorrow, on good lessons disney has taugh us, using princes and princesses on the days, five each. Today, princesses!

1: you're in charge of your own life. No, this isn't only from brave. I love brave. Merida is ginger, athletic me! But, before her... Mulan, saving all of China, choosing not to be mrs perfect trophy wife. Pocahontas, well, something about not being savages and colors and wind... I've only seen that movie like once (let the purge begin now!), Belle, saving her father and trying to teach the beast to be unbeast. Rapunzel, leaving her tower.

2: you can be anything you wanna be, if you just dream and work at it. My biggest example is not Cinderella, like the dream would lead you to believe, but Tiana. She wants her dreams to come though, and she wants to work at it. Kudos.

3: you don't have to be just like everyone else to be perfect. Some princesses are more like everyone else than me, but they all have one thing unlike everyone else; kindness. But also, Mulan and Merida? Total tomboys. Tiana and Cinderella? Hard working and poor. Not what society prizes. But they're still some of the best.

4: true love conquers all. Cheesy, I know... But true.

5: not everyone knows exactly who you are. Mulan, when in the beginning everyone at camp is mean to her... Then she goes and saves all of China. Jasmine? She isn't some prize to be won. Rapunzel? She is tough enough to handle herself out there. They aren't what everyone else said they were.

Yay for all that. And stuff. And things.
Princess
Super-chu
Raven DeWitt

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll I'm not gonna shove my opinion in your face without letting you fight back. I am human and prone to lots of error, so you should tell me!