quote of the whenever

“Home is behind, the world ahead” – Edge of night, LotR song

Thursday, October 23, 2014

top 5 bad disney lessons

Hi! So, I totally love love love love love love love love love disney. Seriously. I am a fanatic, as I am with most things. Anyways, I totally love disney, but a while ago I saw a post on top ten bad lessons disney taught me or something like that. And, while a cute idea, I completely disagree with the list (for the most part). So, I'm doing an top 5 bad lessons from Disney.

1: you can do anything you want if it's for "true love". Get married after one day (No, this isn't only frozen, but Enchanted, Sleeping Beauty, even Cinderella was just one night before "hey, I wanna marry this chick!")? run away and make a deals its a witch (yeah, I'm talking to you Ariel!)? Whatever you want, whenever you want, all for true love (until they... Aren't. Cough cough frozen, enchanted, Pocahontas... Yeah, that's... That.)

2: you have to change everything about yourself for a guy. Um... No. Although that would explain why I don't have a boyfriend.... Seriously. Ariel, well, self explanatory. Aladdin did, but he did it for a girl. Same concept. Cinderella, (she didn't tell him she was poor). I totally had another example then I forgot it.

3: princes are hot; villain are not. Okay, the only ones this doesn't apply to beauty and the beast or brave (three non-hot batchlors), but every other disney film..... Princes are all hot, Flynn, charming, naveen, Aladdin, Eric.... Villains are soooo not. Ursula? Mr. Voodoo? Jafar? Ick, no thanks!

4: listening to your parents is bad, it's your life they shouldn't affect it. Brave, the little mermaid, Aladdin, tangled (I know, her moms psycho, but still......), sleeping beauty, Pocahontas.... So, everything turned out well, but that isn't always the case, sometimes rules are there because your parents love you.

5: evil is obvious and punished, while good isn't punished even if they do bad things... Okay, this is two squeezed into one. Evil is obvious and always punished; every disney movie ever. But that's because movies suck if the good guys lose and the bad guy wins. But if good does something bad, it isn't as bad as a bad guy doing it. Because... Good guys! Just think about it... I don't have time for an example....

Okay, so I Love Disney and am in no way saying you shouldn't let your kid watch it, disney ruined you yada yada yada... I'm just saying, it does have bad parts. Anywho...
Princess
Super-chu
Raven DeWitt

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll I'm not gonna shove my opinion in your face without letting you fight back. I am human and prone to lots of error, so you should tell me!