quote of the whenever

“Home is behind, the world ahead” – Edge of night, LotR song

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Cloaked review

Oh my gosh, I am so so sorry I didn't post yesterday! There was a lot of stuff happening... Actually, there has been all week, but that's tomorrow. Today, book review; cloaked. By Alex Flinn.

Basic plot: Johnny has never seen a princess. (Literal first line, 'cept Johnny says "I" not Johnny...) but, who has? Johnny works at a shoe repair in a fancy hotel. And when the hot, rich, hot, drunk, hot, slutty, hot, foreign princess comes to his hotel in love with shoes, he swoons, he sighs, (Why deny it? Uh, oh ~It's too cliche I won't say I'm in love.... Read more:  Disney - I Won't Say (i'm In Love) Lyrics | MetroLyrics )
And when she offers him a magical quest to find her prince brother who's been turned into a swan.... She's not as amazing as he thought she was. She's just messing with him. Or crazy. Or both, but from years of hard shoe-repair work in reality, he doesn't believe her. But then he transports with a magic cloak, talks to a fox and some swans he agrees. If he does, the princess will marry him. And what's better? So he goes on a quest, lying to his best friend about where he's going and chases a small frog along the Florida keys, while getting chased by a witch and her son, making deals with talking animals to help them turn human (again).

Thoughts: well, I have to say, it was pretty good. I love fairytale adaptations (not to be confused with fairy tail adaptations ;p) and this wasn't a exception. But, I have to say, I found it a bit predictable. I knew he would *spoilers* fall in love with Meg who was obviously in love with him, and I totally saw Todd being Johnnys dad *spoilers over* other than he predictability, I really did like the book. Magic is awesome, and I love the geeky kid being the hero of books. I mean, it's soooo great! Who doesn't love geek heroes?

Rating: 4/5, cause predictability.
Nerdy-hero
Super-chu
DeWitt
Raven

INVERTED PYRAMID!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll I'm not gonna shove my opinion in your face without letting you fight back. I am human and prone to lots of error, so you should tell me!