quote of the whenever

“Home is behind, the world ahead” – Edge of night, LotR song

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Green chile

How most people determine the end of summer and the BEGINING of tourture-sorry, school- is like a annual fair, back to school shopping (deals now stering in August!) or a number of other ways. What happens at my house to determine it is green chile roasting. Green chile is a big thing in Nee Mexico, where my mom is from. Of course, being a New Mexico thing it isn't so much a Michigan thing. So my mom gets it shipped over, and we roast and peel it, cut it up and then put it in baggies for ever single food my mom ever eats. We get two bags that could probably fit two of me, and then my mom usually try's to get more. Her mom ships em over. We roast and eat them. Well I don't eat them, but I do roast them. Then our house smells like green chile for the next few weeks and no matter how much I shower, so do I. Attractive, right? For those of you who lead normal lives green chile is a pepper that hurts to eat, but some people think it tastes so good that they eat it anyways. Like jalapeƱos. Haha jalapeƱos..... It's a long story for tomorrow. I might almost hopefully will try to. I promise I might actually hopefully will try to. I also made Nutella cookies today. Yum! Shh, don't tell July, I might give her some. Don't tell her!
Smelling like chile of the green variety
Raven DeWitt

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll I'm not gonna shove my opinion in your face without letting you fight back. I am human and prone to lots of error, so you should tell me!