quote of the whenever

“Home is behind, the world ahead” – Edge of night, LotR song

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Theif

HEY OH MY GODS IF YOU'VE BEEN FOLLOWING MY BLOG AT ALL YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT TODAY IS A BIG BIG BIG BIG BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For those idiots of you who aren't demigods or regularly go on my blog PERCY JACKSON AND THE SEA OF MONSTERS COMES OUT TODAY OH MY GODS OH MY GODS OH MY GODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HADES THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LIKE HOLY ZEUS IF I WAS ANY HAPPIER I WOULD EXPLODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sadly I won't be able to see it until tomorrow because my mom has work today, and she's my ride and going to see the movie with me and Mel. Yay! Sadly I have to wait a day so SPOIL IT AND I'LL SEND CYBERIUS AND THE HYDRA AND THE FURIES AND THE MANTICORE AT YOU. Only one of those is in the second Percy Jackson book The Sea Of Monsters. Guess which one and you can win a prize. Anyways, in honor of the movie coming out today I'm going to post about it. Since I can't review the movie not having seen it yet (DX) I'm reviewing the first movie. And the book, maybe if I have time and don't die from fangirling. It can happen because OHMIGODS IT COMES OUT TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In case you can't tell I'm sssssssssssssssssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuupppppppppppppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr excited. Yeah, it's like easter and Christmas and my brithday and halloween and happiness all came together if you don't really pay attention to the Christian part of all those things. Okay, so I'm really happy about this. No big deal right? WRONG!!! Anyways, to the review of the first movie.
It is nothing like the book. The only things that are simular are that Percy's the son of Posiden and Luke's evil. I'm disappointed that it didn't have the fight with Ares, the god of war. That would've been a great scene and an amazing intro to the blood feud between Percy and the Ares cabin, or more specifically, him and Clarrise, who will be played by glimmer from the hunger games. One psychopath to another. But I like Clarrise, even if not very many others do. Plus Percy did break her electric spear. It's still an awesome movie. Of course it doesn't explain the 12 cabins layoout, like the twelve gods thrones. It also doesn't show that the Hermes cabin overflows because they take in any unclaimed outcast. The children the gods and goddesses don't claim. And Percy is known as Posidens son right away. He is also 16. And hot. Not that he wasn't in the book, but his hotness is brought to life. I love him, but Annabeth gets dibs. So I get Nico or Leo. I love them, but someone can take one and I'll take the other. Although I do prefer Leo I still love Nico. I don't pity him, but I am sorry for him. All demigods have troubled pasts, but a few stories take the cake. Anyways, the battle with the hydra=awesome. It's supposed to be in the second one, but it turns out to be in the first movie. Medusa is a cool fight too. I don't remember if she's in the first book or not. Then there's the minotaur, the one with mad cow disease (yeah, me and my friends are freaks). In the book he caries around the horn forever. Okay just for a little bit, but it's still cool. Then he has it on his bed side. I like that. They don't explain Thalias pine tree either, but it was still a good movie. I'm also a bit disapointed they didn't put in Cyberius or the St. Louis arch insident, but that's okay. And they made the fary to the underworld a boat, not a crowded lobby and the Lottus Hotel wasn't as cool as in the book. Simular but different. Plus Annabeth's first words to Percy weren't "You drool when you sleep". It was cute. Ish. I like Percabeth. But they don't end up dating until the end (ish of the series) no matter how much they have well... Percabeth moments until then. Aphrodite saw it coming, even though nobody in the series did. I'll review the second movie tomorrow, and many more rants coming up I promise.
Daughter of Posiden
Raven DeWitt

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll I'm not gonna shove my opinion in your face without letting you fight back. I am human and prone to lots of error, so you should tell me!