quote of the whenever

“Home is behind, the world ahead” – Edge of night, LotR song

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Mr deaths blue eyed girl

So, yesterday I promised you that I'd tell you about the book, cause I have lots to say on it. I have lots to say on everything. It's an amazing book, but a terrible one and I hate it but its so good! So, its called "Mr. Death's blue-eyed girl". Or something like that. It's really... Different. I don't know if its good or bad different, or if its even different. Maybe it will go back to the normal and it will just be another book. But I honestly don't know. I don't even know if I like the book or hate it or if it sucks or rocks or what, cause I love it and I hate it and ugh. Just like my crush and ugh everything leads back to him! DX its terrible. Everything. Church, school, books, fantasies, blogs and friend convos. But this post is about mr deaths blue eyed girl, not my blue eyed crush. Anyways, so basically the main character is Nora, and most of the book is written from her point of view, with little intersections from almost all the other characters. The book is about how there was a group of four friends, Nora, Ellie, Bobbi Jo and Cheryl. I think I got all their names right. At first they're all just normal teenage girls, Bobbi Jo is a fourteen year old (like me!), daughter of a catholic priest, who is closest to Cheryl, who is basically... A slut. I don't like her, I'm sorry. But she's like.... She had a boyfriend who she um... Did stuff that Bobbi Jo couldn't hear until she was sixteen. Think whatever you want, but that doesn't sound exactly like the type of friends I like. Then she breaks up with him and gets a new boyfriend. They almost get into a fight and she's just sitting there happy about all the attention the when someone breaks up the fight she's all sad. She also lied about how she got some injures saying it was her boyfriend when it wasn't. I'm sorry, but I hate her. Then they get murdered and Nora and Ellie, their best friends are sitting there all depressed. That's like fifty chapters, I swear. Okay, not fifty but a lot. And so Nora is the main character feeling depressed and thinking about her friends and how they died. If someone I was close too died how hard would it be not to think of them? Anyways, at first I though I was like Nora, but now I hope I'm not. At first she kept on saying she was a Tom boy, but she's into fashion and short shorts and dancing and she is very annoyingly crushing. On two people. And it's kinda annoying. Well, I am similar in the crushing way, but then she gets into stuff I'm soooooo nothing like. Like she drinks and smokes from peer pressure. Really? The whole ill-do-it-if-you-do. Seriously?!? I tried to think if this was my group of beasties but none of them are like this. There are some similarities between some, but sometimes they're so completely different. And I haven't even gotten to my least favorite part about Nora; she doubts her faith because her friends died. She thinks god isn't real, or that he doesn't care. Bullcrap, and aren't books supposed to help your faith, not weaken it? Maybe it'll turn out she believes again in the end, but I find it weird. And it sorta pisses me off. You can't just doubt him because all of a sudden your perfect little life isn't so perfect. I mean, yes, friends dying sucks. But that doesn't mean you can turn into a jerk like her! That doesn't give you the right to say "things aren't going how I wanted, goodbye religion!" Unless you're Katy perry. Long story. Anyways, in the story Nora has a crush on this one kid, but then she kissed her friend and then some. Like seriously, she lets him go as far up her shirt as he wants, but not the other direction. It's like wow. But in her defense she was drunk. Underage. And she stopped him from going down. And then she went to confession and gave up her faith. Did I mention it happened right after Bobbi Jo and Cheryl's funeral? Copying Cheryl as a tribute to her memory. Sorry, they're just not my favorite people. And don't even get me started on mr death. Aka the killer. He thinks that Bobbi Jo and Cheryl deserved to die because Cheryl (just her) was a jerk to him. He thinks no one should care that they're dead. He thinks people should've mourned Mozart, not stupid b-words like her. His words, not mine. Sorry for his language. So, I'm not finished but I had to get that out. Ill re-review it once I'm done, but that the thingy so far. It swears and contains purple and religion that's all.... Blah. But it's a good terrible great awful book so far.
Mr. Deaths brown eyed girl
Raven DeWitt

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! What a terrible book! :O

    Thanks for sharing your blog link again. I added you to my list of blogs I follow so I can make sure I see your updates. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not that bad, but it does have some DEFINANT moral issues. Overall I like it, it's interesting. Although, thinking bad there aren't many books I dislike......

      Delete

We'll I'm not gonna shove my opinion in your face without letting you fight back. I am human and prone to lots of error, so you should tell me!