quote of the whenever

“Home is behind, the world ahead” – Edge of night, LotR song

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Bullying

Hey! So, today's Ash Wednesday. I don't know what I'm giving up for lent. I don't know............. We did have a delayed start, which is all ugh. I don't dislike having less school, it's just... Delayed starts either mean I have to ride the morning bus or hitch a ride. I got one with Mel's mom, but usually I hate delayed starts. Tomorrow I have to go to an assembly that the sophomores had to go to today, about bullying. Don't get me wrong, I hate bullying, but the school doesn't do good at bully prevention. If you're a perfect popular mindless drone, they'll care. Heck, even if you get mostly A's and B's and don't object to anything they say, don't speak out, don't let your opinions be known, they'll care if you're bullied. If you're someone like well... Me. Or my friends, who are a bit older, people who don't fit the usual mold, who aren't afraid to stand up for what they believe is right, who don't question authority or the school and what they teach, and some of them who don't get perfect grades, who've messed up in the past but are trying to do better, these people the school couldn't care less what happens to them. Even more, the school will treat them worse than the students who fit their perfect mold. Now, there are a few people who don't fit exactly into this conclusion, but I gotta say, for the most part, it's true. And hard to notice if you aren't in the part the school doesn't care about. In that group. Other than that, the school looks like they care about everyone. But there's usually a group that let's face it, they don't. I don't know how to end this post, but I guess I wanted to get that out.
Not a bully
But not perfect either
Super-chu
Raven DeWitt

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll I'm not gonna shove my opinion in your face without letting you fight back. I am human and prone to lots of error, so you should tell me!