quote of the whenever

“Home is behind, the world ahead” – Edge of night, LotR song

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Oh no! The stars have a fault!

Have any of you read the fault in our stars? I officially decided to read it. Before the movie comes out. Only problem is that the local public library has a 328+ waiting list  (I'm sure people have decided to add to that since my mom checked), and the school library has both copies checked out. Til the end of March. Both me and my mom want to read it before the movie, but both of us are weary about it. My mom, in order to read it might buy it, but what happens if I don't like it? Even worse; how do I tell my friends I don't like it? That's my main problem today. Well, for a little while. Everyone literally says exactly this: "I didn't think I'd like it but I loved it. It was amazing!". Do you wanna know exactly who I got that quite from? My best friends, bloggers, the old hobo who lives down the street, aliens, even Leonardo Divinchi says that! Ugh. So, what am I supposed to do if I don't like it? I mean, I have no problem with the writer.... Well.... I haven't read any of his books. But I do watch his youtube videos and I don't dislike him. I almost kinda think he's slightly cool. But it's just.... Not my kind of book. And before you go telling me that I'll love it, it doesn't matter, let me rant (longer than I already have... Sorry!) aout why I say this.
1) romance. It just... Short of zombie killing and CBH and criminals. As long as there's no purple that involved tongues and all the purple involves clothes ON the body (let's just say I saw a trailer)
2) cancer/six months to live crap. I prefer it well..... Percy jackson-Ed (when people try to beat loosely translated stuff that doesn't mean what you think)
Of course, everyone says that they don't like that stuff but loved the fault in our stars, so I'll tell ya what I think.
Rapid reader
Super-chu
DeWitt
Raven

2 comments:

  1. I didn't like it. To be honest, I thought it was a bit over-rated, but that is opposing to nearly everyone else on the planet's opinion. I wouldn't suggest buying it, but yeah, you should read it before you see the movie....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay. And I might not have an option about buying it. :/ oh well, if me and my mom really hate it, Jessie and Mel are obsessively in love with it.

      Delete

We'll I'm not gonna shove my opinion in your face without letting you fight back. I am human and prone to lots of error, so you should tell me!