quote of the whenever

“Home is behind, the world ahead” – Edge of night, LotR song

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Divergent movie review

So, yesterday was dress shopping with Jessie and Mel. Which sucked. I mean, it was chill with Jessie and Mel, but it was still trying on about a thousand dresses. We bought three for the last contenders. Which means, more modeling. Then we saw Divergent. Now, the book, was good. I mean, read again good, not buying it good. You know. I like it, but not my favorite. Anyways, so I disliked the movie. I don't know why, it went by the book really well. With the um... subtraction? of Uriah and Dauntless cake. And a few other parts. So, I liked the book. But the movie? Not so much. I mean, I guess it was good, but I didn't like it (as much as I would've liked). Thinking about it now, I did like it. But it still bugged me. I didn't imagine the people like they were (Christine a bit prettier, more self conceded, Eric a bit darker and scarier, Four... Well, I never imagined him with an accent. But boy, was he hot!). They also didn't include dauntless cake, which is a big deal. They didn't add Peter stabbing someones eye (which isn't pretty, but it puts peter on the map as "oh, hey, he's a psycho. I should pay attention to him). In fact, if I didn't know Peter from the book I wouldn't know who he was. They also fought wrong. Who fights like that? I mean, it was embarrassing! Why can't any show/movie EVER fight right? While that is irritating, it isn't what was bugging me. I was trying to figure out why I didn't like the movie when it hit me. Like a ton of bricks. They took religion out of the books. It was just three little things in the book. The Abnegation praying at dinner, Tris thinking of God when she's about to die then getting saved (WHICH THEY CUT OUT ENTIRELY) and Jeanie Matthews saying something about how (It's been a year or two, but the just of the line is) ".... Most of the Divergent are God-Fearing" I think she said God-Fearing Mutts, talking about Abnegation. Which, is offensive, but at the same time, it practically made the whole book for me, everyone in Abnegation loving God. And Abnegation is the only faction that doesn't have a downfall. I know, religion in movies and tv shows is tricky, but at the same time, it means a lot to me. And in the movie Noah coming out soon (if not already out) doesn't mention God; only the creator. It's like what the heck? How can you not mention GOD in a story from the BIBLE, GOD'S BOOK?!?!?!?!?! And in books, while religion being good can totally make a book for me, insulting it can ruin a book for me. Like in the fault in our stars, the guy who's a Christian is a annoying group leader talking about cancer. Even I hated him. And then they were talking about the misuse of the term literally because they are literally in the heart of god (which they were. Like loved one's heart in the heart and the center of the cross, where his heart was). It felt more than a bit like they were making fun of Christian. If I wanted a hot guy to say stuff about proper use of literally I would watch the psych episode about the Paleontologist murdered (THE DINOSAUR DID IT. "Carltons on fire. Literally" *Queue Shawn's snarky comment*). Anyways, One comedian even said that there were two people you can make fun of with no repercussions; Rednecks and Christians. Make fun of any other group of people and you're racist, sexist, or just rude. Christians or Rednecks? Oh, screw them. *As always, queue epic eye roll. And this time, angry glare*
God-Fearing mutt
super-chu
DeWitt
Raven


INVERTED PYRAMID!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll I'm not gonna shove my opinion in your face without letting you fight back. I am human and prone to lots of error, so you should tell me!