quote of the whenever

“Home is behind, the world ahead” – Edge of night, LotR song

Friday, March 21, 2014

Rant about romance

So, yesterday I saw a post on one of the blogs I follow all about romantic movies and how applicable they are to real life. Now my favorite romance movie is captain America, unless you count Disney princess movies. So, as you can see, my romance knowledge is literally limited to real life. Even in my books, short of divergent and the hunger games, percy Jackson is the most romantic book/series I've read! Of course, I have read the  first grave on the right series, which is romantic, but the main character is more..... Me than romance, and the romance isn't super cute-sy. I mean, *SPOILER ALERT* he was in jail and coming in ghost form for the first two books, and in the third he kidnapped her to break out of jail and prove his innocents resulting in torture. It that cute or what? *eye roll* *SPOILER ALERT OVER* so, obviously romance isn't my forte. It isn't even my pianissimo! Heck, it isn't even on my short list of "talents", "sorts good at's", or even "doesn't completely fail at's". It is about as far out of the universe of me as well..... There's nothing that far out! Except for people with allergies that always make their eyes red. I swear, if the people who make romance movies are girls, they're living alone with fifty cats. If they're guys, they want to make.... Lot of friends who'll make friendship bracelets with them. For those of you who don't get that, they want to do the opposite of what your health teacher taught you. If you don't get that well......... Stay innocent! Anyways, I hangout with mostly guys, so my idea of romance is... Well, as already said. The blogger who inspired this post was realistic and talking about ya know, romance stuff.
Guys wanting to scream that they love you to the world, will do anything for you. Classic right? Classic lie, right? Guys aren't scared to say they like you, but dude, hard to get and they're like dude, you know there are much prettier girls out there. And *eye roll* drama. Sure, they may like you. But they lose interest pretty fast. Comes with short attention spans. Plus if you're just as pretty and just as a good kisser as someone else, you're inner changeable. I know, sad right? I mean, sure there are exceptions to the rule, being in actual love, but let's face it, that's going to happen once. Last guy you ever think of that way. So, unless you're married, don't be expecting it. And if you're married and agree with me, dude, you soooooooooo didn't think, did ya? Guys also don't write sappy love notes. And if you are a guy that does, it is almost gaurentied you are perfect. And taken. By the meanest, popular girl in school. Who you'll bring flowers every day and she'll yell at you because they aren't the right color pink. Then when you finally get the right pink, she'll like purple. And you'll start the year long process of getting the right color again. So, people, unless you have my romance movies as your romance knowledge, prepare to be disappointed. Sorry to burst all ya'lls bubbles. Oh, in other news, Trenton got out yesterday. You may all scream of happiness now. I went to tell one of my older friends about this, and she said she knew, cause his brother was telling her. His brother was there, and I never met him before. Which is weird, cause Trenton is literally family. I never met his. His brother is only a year older than me. He's also like, kinda hot. Sorry, but it's true!
Hopeless romantic
Like, obviously
Super-chu
DeWitt
Raven



INVERTED PYRAMID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll I'm not gonna shove my opinion in your face without letting you fight back. I am human and prone to lots of error, so you should tell me!