quote of the whenever

“Home is behind, the world ahead” – Edge of night, LotR song

Thursday, December 5, 2013

I shot the sheriff (yeah, I used the bob Marley song....)

Okay, so in my little town of michigan there are a few schools. My two Besties July and Jessie go to the same school, but I go to a different one. So, I don't exactly know what's going on. Well, yesterday when hanging out with Jessie she said that there was a guy in their school who stole laptops and backpacks. She said he was caught and I was like oh, good. I assumed it was a student or something. According to July, on her blog (which I will not post the address to, thanks to her wishes sorry! If you really wanna look her up its July a emmance, maybe you can just google it...? It should be one of the first few results...) it was actually a guy, age undisclosed, but obviously not a student age. He came into school with the students and when they went to chapel (which is every Monday, Wednesday and Friday) he stole a laptop and two purses. And just walked out. I just thought of something, if he guy was carrying two purses, how did nobody notice? Oh, no, that's one of those overly prepared cross dressers. That accounts for two purses. Anyways, (crap, I gotta stop using anyways!) and he just walked out. July actually knew the person who got his laptop stolen. He got caught because after they figured it out the school emailed pictures to everyone and one person recognized him. He was caught and everyone got their stuff back. Yay for happy endings. Yatta! Right? But July brought up a good point in her post, about what if a murderer walked in there? I just want to add, especially when they're in chapel. The whole student body in one room, with a gunman. That's killing many bird with one stone. Okay, that was the worst saying to use ever, but point taken. (Don't take offense, I love some people at your guys school, you are not birds!). But usually, when there's a gunman they're a student at the school. Like I assumed with the thief. Student who usually goes there and is either fed up or in a tight situation. So, people are like oh, hey, I know that kid. Or we him, but they still aren't like whose that random guy walking around in our halls? He at least should be the age where people aren't thinking he's a little old for school and a little psycho for teaching. Which is a hard goal to accomplish. Plus generally people who kill people (especially if they kill themselves afterwards) stick to themselves. With a student it looks natural. Grownup, not so much. And grown ups who kill can go anywhere, so you're never safe from them (sorry for the creepy factor, but unless you're in Washington, D.C. Or in an airport, you ain't safe) but students... While they are allowed anywhere and can probably get anywhere, they'll most likely go to their school. Because that's what drives them over the edge. The cruel laugh after the joke at their expense. The girl who whenever she passes them says ew. Gross, it's them. Most of the time, a school shooting isn't just the person who shot them. Isn't just the person who pulled the trigger. It's the kids who made them. The kids who just didn't know when enough was enough. When they crossed the line from friend to fiend. Even the kids who did nothing. I read a story once that there was a person who committed suicide or was going too (I don't remember which) either they told the person who smiled at them (if someone did) or they wrote it in the note, but they said if one person smiled at them they wouldn't go through with the suicide. One person. You don't even have to know the person or even talk to them. You just can't sit around and do nothing. I know, I'm not perfect at this. Whenever I go too school I sit around and hide behind my iPad and only talk to people who talk to me first. I try to stay invisible. But, what if you could save someone's life from just smiling at them? It takes less muscles to smile than to frown. And it might save more lives than you would think.
Smiling
Raven DeWitt

4 comments:

  1. Yeah that is scary! Thank goodness the theif got caught but like you said, what if it was a murderer? That is terrifying! Homeschooling sounds safer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I wish I could get homeschooled or go to that school that got broken into, but that's mostly cause I don't like a lot of people and things at my own school.... But seriously, no one thought that there was some random guy that they should ask about?

      Delete
    2. You don't like your school? Aw man, that stinks. Isn't there a way you can go to that school next year? That way you can be with July.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

We'll I'm not gonna shove my opinion in your face without letting you fight back. I am human and prone to lots of error, so you should tell me!