quote of the whenever

“Home is behind, the world ahead” – Edge of night, LotR song

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Beastly

I remembered what I was saying yesterday before my stupid computer crashed. So, my mom got me two books at the library, first Beastly as suggested by July, and the other is Legend as suggested by Jessie. I am reading Beastly first, so I will update what I think about the book so far, and the same with any other books I read. So I am at chapter four of part four.  
Okay so this being my first one it might sound ranty and very weird, just go with it. It is a good book so far, well mostly. Other than the fact that well the main character is sorta a man whore. I mean like honestly I could do without all of that... well let's just say not every fifteen years old or whatever has purple (guys=blue girls=red... you geet the point). I could read a book without that stuff. And there's some minor language, but appariently people don't have morals anymore. And don't think that I love romance novels and am all like "oh my gosh I read all the twilights and oh my gosh team edward". I don't really like romance where it takes them like five hundred pages to date, when they liked each other the whole time.
 Another thing that I find weird is that it's about "inner beauty" yet if he gets "true loves kiss" he becomes REEEAAALLLLYYYYY hot. Again. And the witch who put the curse on him so that someone has to fall in love with him for his "inner beauty" transformed from a over weight goth chick (Thats how she was described, not MY desciption), into a form of herself thats pretty. I mean, it's just a bit unfair that everybody becomes pretty. It's like, a book about "inner beauty" and yet all the characters turn into hot people. Not fair. I really like it other than that. Intresting though right?
I also think that the movie looked nothing like the book. I mean from the preveiws I saw (on mute...) the beast looked more like a cancer patient than a furry, fanged, clawed beast. Well not a beast, more like a totally awesome animal-like thing. I doubt I would be scared. Okay I might but I would try to befriend it. And then the girl he falls in love with isn't supposed to be a really pretty girl. Just average, frizzy hair, no make-up and not a popular freak (sorry from the ones I know, popular people are the worst people imagniable). Then the actress who plays it is a pretty slut. But then again, everbody on tv is a anorexic, slutty, plastic pretty person (yes plastic). Making the world hate the way they look and try to overwork themselves or starve. I mean everyone says "it's what's on the inside that counts" yet they are starving, getting surgery and going on diets to look better. Pretending to be perfect.
I also love the chat rooms full of fairytale characters. It's just the best!!! I am trying to figure out which fairytale the bear is from. I mean... WHICH ONE!?!?!?!?! Psychologically bugged forever.
Love fairytales, so if you know of any tell me. It can be modernday, or original fairytales, I would still love to read the book.
Princess
Raven DeWitt

2 comments:

  1. Can I be honest? I can't recommend your blog if you talk like this, I love you, but I do have to make sure what I recommend is pure. I'm one of your BFFs, I have to tell you what I think!

    ReplyDelete

We'll I'm not gonna shove my opinion in your face without letting you fight back. I am human and prone to lots of error, so you should tell me!