quote of the whenever

“Home is behind, the world ahead” – Edge of night, LotR song

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Bit of a fixer upper post

Hey! So, I have been thinking. It's a new feeling. And today rocked, and well, I remembered a conversation I had Saturday. You know the song "a bit of a fixer upper" from Frozen? Well, there's this line in it that goes "I'm not saying that you can change him, because people don't really change" and there has been a thousand year old debate about people changing. July, who watched the movie with me, said she doesn't like this line because people really do change. And I agree. People do change. But I agree with the trolls too. Because you shouldn't date someone expecting them to change. Which, I have totally known people who date people hoping they'll change. And guess what? The only thing that changes is their acting ability. It gets better. And well, their experience with well, things. I've also known people on the other side. Not like the song from the princess and the frog. Friends who people date expecting them to change. They don't. But "it's okay, because my girlfriend trusts me". Yeah, she trusts you, so let's stick our toungue down her throat and wow, look at her. She's hot too. Ugh, this is why you should seriously know who you date. And, do NOT date someone expecting them to change. But if they were total jerks and now they aren't, give them the benefit of the doubt. People CAN change. It's possible. So, trust then, but don't expect.
Changed
Super-chu
Raven DeWitt

2 comments:

  1. YAY! I helped inspire a blog post! I feel so special :) Haha. I do agree with your thoughts, but also still stick to mine, lol. That sounds confusing, but whatever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I think I'm a bit (of a fixer upper, haha) in the middle. It's true for two.

      Delete

We'll I'm not gonna shove my opinion in your face without letting you fight back. I am human and prone to lots of error, so you should tell me!