quote of the whenever

“Home is behind, the world ahead” – Edge of night, LotR song

Friday, April 4, 2014

Winter worries (CA2 OUT NOW!!!)

So, Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier comes out today. Which is basically the best thing about spring break being this week. Thank you God! I love you Captain! But alas, I am not able to see it today. (This is basically the sadest thing that has happened to me in... Forever. I'm serious, it's depressing.) And I love the good ol' Captain, but I'm more than a little worried about his movie. The other movies are perfect, and this one is sure to be, but it's Hollywood. And not just Hollywood, this day and age. So, as soon as I'm attached to something it's just go kaboom! Anyways, I'm worried about well... In one of the teasers I saw guess who got shot? *I HAVE NO IDEA IF THIS IS A SPOILER, I'M JUST GUESSING* Thankfully not my favorite Super Soldier, but Nick Furry. And he isn't in the cast list of future movies (I looked). Well, he may not be my favorite character, or even like, someone I'm super attached to, I like him. And does he die? *GUESS/SPECULATION SPOILER-ISH TYPE THING OVER*
I'm also worried about his love interest. In the last movie it was Agent Peggy Carter. I liked her, (even if I was jealous) I really did. But she's dead now, it's seventy years later and according to what I heard on a few websites when I was looking up Captain America 2, he falls in love. With her I think granddaughter. Now, I have four problems with this. 1) Peggy fell in love, again, got married and had a kid. This is the problem I have with Leo and his grandfather and Hazel. Hello, you're supposed to be in love but why does that matter because well, there's someone else who's hot enough that you want to marry them and have kids with them. But you're still oh, so in love with the first person. Ha, you sit on a throne of lies. 2) Captain America falls in love again. I mean, come on. Speech from the first one, except it's the person who came back to the future and met the grandkid. Ooh, now I like this guy. I mean, I give Hazel grace on this because she liked Sammy, but wasn't super in love with him, and then she fell in love with Frank, not Leo. And she isn't all caught up on Sammy still. But, I mean, come on captain! Hello, you're supposed to be in love remember? 3) With their grandkid? That's kinda disturbing. Like, Fry being his own grandfather in futurama disturbing. It's just like ich! 4) More competition. I already have to compete with Peggy, don't make me compete with more people!
I'm also scared of Steve and his perfection. Well, Christianity. In the avengers and the first Captain America it doesn't straight out say he's a Christian, but it's a few little lines like "There's only one God ma'am and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that." from the Avengers that make me feel confident he's a Christian. And even if he isn't (which I dearly hope he is. I don't know why, but being a Christian somehow makes guys hotter) he's still a good person. Because the super-serum from Captain America: The First Avenger is like double sided venom (from spiderman). Venom makes your bad traits well, worse. The serum does this. If you're a jerk, you become more jerky. But the serum did this in reverse too. If you're good you become great. And that's what it did to Steve Rogers, the humble boy from Brookline who didn't like bullies. It made him even better than he was (and let's face it, he was pretty dang perfect before it amplified his good traits), but it's Hollywood. And Hollywood says "oh, they're good? Well, they must be stupid and weak and ultimately just be bad on the inside while still being stupid and weak". If you watch enough Once Upon A Time this becomes obvious. So, I'm worried. I mean, they have to make him still good, right? I'm just scared that they don't know what good is. I'll still love Captain America, but I love him so much I don't trust Hollywood with him. Although, who knows. If they want to make him well.... not perfect, they dug themselves into a hole. Because he took something that amplifies good. So they're forced to make him good. So, he's staying good. Yay! But other superheroes... Well, that's a post for another time.
Captain
Super-chu
Raven DeWitt

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll I'm not gonna shove my opinion in your face without letting you fight back. I am human and prone to lots of error, so you should tell me!