quote of the whenever

“Home is behind, the world ahead” – Edge of night, LotR song

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Easter cooking

Hey! So, all day I have been making food for Easter. Which is tomorrow. I even put some chocolate in a baggy and squeezed them out in patterns like crosses and Easter eggs. We're putting three crosses on the cake we made. Three. Significant right? Goes with the story too. Jesus in the middle, thieves on either side. Plus it's chocolate. Yay. We also made chocolate scones and blueberry something. We used like EVERY dish we own! It seemed to take forever to wash and dry, but at least I'm getting a lot of unhealthy stuff out of it. And question: which is the better Easter movie? Rise of the guardians or Narnia? Rise of the guardians takes place on Easter and has the Easter bunny, plus I like the thing bunnymund says, "Easter is about hope, and new life". That's true. It is the resurrection. And Narnia has the whole stone table scene which is kinda the Narnia version of the whole thing. I mean, wasn't C.S. Lewis a Christian, and the Narnia books were kinda about Christianity? That's why I love Narnia. I think they both go good with Easter. I love Easter. Hope y'all have fun tomorrow! And remember, Easter May have fun things like bunnies, but that's totally not the whole point. Oh, and yesterday we tested out temporary tattoos. Word of advice; baby power, sharpie and hairspray do not work for temporary tattoos. I'll test out a few more in the summer though, and I'll totally tell you about it. Promise.
Happy (early) Easter!
Super-chu
DeWitt
Raven

INVERTED PYRAMID!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Aww I love this post! I think if you're looking for something more just cute for easter, you should go with ROTG but if you want something deeper and more significant, definitely go with Narnia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll go with both. I watched ROTG (which I love) and am going to watch Narnia today (Easter. I also love Narnia)

      Delete

We'll I'm not gonna shove my opinion in your face without letting you fight back. I am human and prone to lots of error, so you should tell me!