quote of the whenever

“Home is behind, the world ahead” – Edge of night, LotR song

Sunday, April 20, 2014

HAPPY EASTER

HE IS RISEN! Do you know what that means? Cause I do. IT'S EASTER!!! Which may not be my favorite holiday, but it is one of the GREATEST ones ever. I'm doing a lot of all caps. Probably because, have I mentioned, IT'S EASTER!!! Jesus died for our sins, we are forgiven, but HE IS RISEN. Dude, that just rhymed. Anyways, he died so we could live. Which is pretty great. I mean, epic. So, yay. There's this song I like by falling in reverse that says "If we're all born to die and we all die to live, what's the point of living life if it just contradicts?" And while I don't think that the first part ("If we're all born to die") is true for any normal person, it was true for Jesus. He was born to die. He was born to die for us. Now, while I love that and am honored, it kinda makes me feel guilty. Like, ya know, when someone does something really nice for you and you get all blushy like "you didn't have to do that" but are still thankful but guilty that they went out of their way to do that for you. That's how I feel, except instead of driving a few extra miles to pick me up from somewhere it's giving his life. I mean, that just makes me feel like guilty. Super guilty. Of course, he rose again. Which is the other half of this. Most people at a quick glance think that obviously religion is crazy, evolution is not. I am so obviously 1/36th monkey. Orangutan to be exact. His name was fill. *INSERT EYE ROLL HERE* But here's the thing; they think that at a quick glance. If you look at the facts well... People whop try to prove Christianity is crazy actually reform to Christianity as soon as they start their research. I mean, I've always had faith Christianity is real, but I am also a person who takes advanced science that is like "Well, you evolved from a gorilla and you... Ooh, obviously a howler monkey". Which totally sucks. And it's nice to have people backing me up with facts. You don't win by only having strong will. Well, my pastor talked about that today and how Jesus, after he rose again, appeared to over five hundred people. One witness in court pretty much nails down a conviction. Five witnesses, they're locked up. A hundred? Dude, a hundred is seriously proof. FIVE HUNDRED?!?! Oh, yeah, who's looking crazy now? But what did the bible say? OVER FIVE HUNDRED. I'm gonna guess that, hey, there's a bit more people who saw Jesus's miracles and Jesus risen than people who saw my goldfish turn into a chameleon. Just sayin.
Christians: infinite +1
Evolution: -infinite -1
HE IS RISEN INDEED!!!
Super-chu
Raven DeWitt

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll I'm not gonna shove my opinion in your face without letting you fight back. I am human and prone to lots of error, so you should tell me!